1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Nakai the Wanderer

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Dalkarius, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

Hey guys, long time no see!

Does anyone have the file for Nakai the Wanderer on their computer? He has to be one of my favorite special characters in the game and I can't find the rules for him ANYWHERE. I've been searching on google all day, but stupid Games Workshop deleted all the old files so I'm having trouble. Please help.

Thanks,

Dalkarius

2. Lycanthrope
    Saurus

Lycanthrope New Member

Nakai is a really cool character. I have the old AB, and I'll put up all the info on him here after work.

Cheers!

3. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

If anyone wants the reader file of him just pm me your email address and I'll get it to you.

4. Lycanthrope
    Saurus

Lycanthrope New Member

Damn, I just thought I had the rules, but it was really just a small text about him...
    I guess we all have to pm Craken concerning it :D

5. Sebulba
    Temple Guard

Sebulba New Member

Thanks Craken for the pdf!

Nakai is pretty cool but because he takes up a LORD and a RARE choice, I'm not sure how effective he would be on the battle field. His deployment could also be really good or really bad since you have to roll a 6 on the second turn for him to come in. However, you do get to roll a D6 for each piece of terrain or water feature which increases his chances of coming out. He has a pretty impressive statline (more on that later) and could be really nasty if he pops out of the woods behind your opponents army. Or, since he counts as a BSB, if he comes out on your side he can provide the benefits to your army.
    He follows all the rules of a regular Kroxigor, so aquatic, fear and spawn-kin all apply. However, his statline is soooo much better.
    Movement 6 is standard, and if he pops out somewhere far away from the action, he'll get there quickly. That and if he flees vines pop up and prevent the enemy unit from pursuing. The same applies if he is killed and your unit breaks. He gets a 3+ armor save, better than average, with 3 stored D6 rerolls that he can use on any roll he makes throughout the game. He is based on the old Kroxigors so he has a strength of 6, one higher than the old kroxigors, but his weapon not only gives him +2 to strength (8 strength!) but it also gives him a 5+ ward save and isn't a great weapon! Initiative 3 lizards? No way!
    He also has toughness 5, 4 wounds and 6 attacks! With this much punishment coming from one character, he could potentially handle a unit all on his own! The more elite, stubborn troops maybe not but he could certainly stand up to most characters with his 6 strength 8 attacks! That's absurd.

All of this comes in at 400 points which is slightly more than an oldblood with carnosaur and much less than a slann in a unit of temple guard. Which might actually make him worth it in friendly games if it weren't for the taking up a rare slot as well.

He strikes me as a really powerful character and, in a 2000 point friendly game with at least 4 or 5 pieces of terrain (preferrably on your opponent's side) I think I might try him out. I kind of wish you had the option of setting him up with your army but the surprise attack gives you the opportunity to wack your opponent's backfield on the second turn and wipe out a cannon or other long ranged nasty!

Either way, I'm going to paint up a kroxigor to at least look like him. He's got a cool background and the kroxigor models finally look cool enough to be worth painting up and playing with.

6. dhuan gor
    Saurus

dhuan gor New Member

Thank you for the information I have been looking for this in ages.
    I want to make one too.
    :pigeon:

7. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

8. imnohero
    Skink

imnohero New Member