1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New AoS app...

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Christopher, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Christopher
    Terradon

Christopher Well-Known Member

Lizerd and Dreamkeeper like this.
  2. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

If it functions similarly to the 40k app, your digital rules will be available for free assuming you purchased the physical copy.

For example, i don't pay for the 40k app but am able to access the dark angels rules in there since i purchased the physical release and added the back cover code into the app.

Lizerd likes this.
  3. Christopher
    Terradon

You know, I sure hope that the new App is at least as robust as the current one, which I really like. I stopped subscribing to Azyr when I stepped away from playing a couple of years ago, but I kept buying battle tomes (I think I have 29?) in there to have an idea of the lore of all the factions (which I'm not really all that good about remembering, but hey, that's why I have the books!) and, for when I return to playing, I have some kind of idea of what those armies do. I like how the warscrolls look on it and used to print them out because I like working with pen and paper when I play. I don't like the talk in that article about how the old App will be where the books you already have will live as I'd much rather them be transferred over to the new app. I don't like what 40K players have to say about anemic versions of the books they code in. I don't want anemic versions of the books I buy, and I don't want to have to buy all the other faction's battle tomes in hardcover.

Related, I don't like the complete silence about the Citadel Colour App.

I'm sure I'll subscribe to Warhammer +, but if it's WORSE than what we have now--well, what's the point?

That said, I'm generally a hopeful person and I'm generally a fan of Games Workshop. So fingers crossed.

4. Klap
    Skink

Klap Member

So reading that are they baking warscroll builder in to the paid app? That will be annoying if they take away the free resources we have had for ages.

5. Christopher
    Terradon

When they first put that article up it said the free beta would be available July 3rd. Now they've changed it to say "later this year."