1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New guy question—Can the Saugus start collecting box start a competitive list?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by bestaltan, May 16, 2021.

1. bestaltan
    Jungle Swarm

bestaltan New Member

So 6th edition Fantasy is what first brought me into the GW fold, and the good old lizards were my boys back in the day. However, after years (we won’t discuss how many) of being a devoted fan of 40k, I’ve decided to finally jump back into lizardme........Seraphon and this thing called Fantas........AoS.

I loved saurus back in the day, so I went ahead and picked up the Saurus start collecting box today. However, doing my research I’m noticing that skinks are all the rage for higher tier armies. Do saurus have any play at the tournament level, or are they now more of a casual unit? Are there lists that can make them strong, or do skinks just always end up the better option?

Imrahil and Lizerd like this.
  2. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

While some might say that saurus are inferior to skinks, they can still inflict a lot of hurt. Usually you either want to run them in dracothions tail (a starborne option with good deepstriking ability), or Koatl's claw where they become stupidly punchy. If we want to be really specific, starborne saurus warriors are solid, and coalesced saurus knights are phenomenal. As for the carnosaur you get with the box, build the first one as an oldblood, they might not be the absolute toughest monsters, they hit hard with some buffs.

also since you have a start collecting seraphon you should definitely check out this tutorial
    https://www.lustria-online.com/thre...rom-your-start-collecting-seraphon-box.20560/

and welcome to lustria! :D

Imrahil likes this.
  3. bestaltan
    Jungle Swarm

bestaltan New Member

Thanks!! I just traded in a bunch of Necrons for a BUNCH of Seraphon, so I’m knee-deep in lizards now.

My main 40k army is Tyranids, so running across the table with knights and carnosaurs is VERY appealing. For a knight heavy list, what’s the right balance for magic?

Lizerd and Imrahil like this.
  4. bestaltan
    Jungle Swarm

bestaltan New Member

That tutorial........

I love you guys!!!!!!!!

Lizerd and Imrahil like this.