1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New(ish) and looking for advice!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hairy-Partridge, Feb 26, 2023.

1. Hairy-Partridge
    Jungle Swarm

Hairy-Partridge New Member

Hi Folks,

I am new to this site and I have just came back to Warhammer after a nearly 20 year hiatus. For context, a friend and I have decided to get back into Warhammer and he has picked up a 1000 point Sylvaneth Army and we are hoping to battle in the next few weeks once we are all built and painted. I have just bought the Start Collecting: Seraphon box and was wondering what else to pick up. I'm hesitant to pick up a Slann and lots of other stuff due to the refresh that is coming in a couple of months time and I am not confident in my abilities yet to start kit bashing with any great success haha. Plus a lot of things are out of stock on the GW website (Assuming due to the refresh). I was thinking of just picking up the Start Collecting: Skinks box and I'm wondering whether this is a good idea as I have seen numerous posts on Reddit recommending to focus on skinks or saurus and not both.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Attached Files:

Imrahil likes this.
  2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Hello, and welcome to Lustria.

let's start:

1) given that you have the Seraphon start collecting, i will point you to this mandatory thread

2) skinks are great; since the dawn of times they are a more competitive choice when compared to saurus (not all the units, but as a rule of thumb i'd say it is so)

3) a start collecting skinks is a good idea, but don't expect to have solid advices on what units you should focus ATM. With our new battletome incoming, it's hard to tell how things will evolve.

Imrahil likes this.