1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New Player - Dread Saurian 2.5k

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Michealmas, May 2, 2021.

1. Michealmas
    Skink

Michealmas New Member

New to Seraphon, looking for some help finishing off my 2500 point list for an escalation league I'm part of.

I know Dread Saurian is sub optimal and pricey but honestly I just want to put a foot long T-Rex on the table.

I've got a 2000 point list that I'm pretty happy with, but I need to fill up the last 500 points and I'm struggling with what to run.

Here's my list so far:

Coalesced Thunderlizard

- Saurus Scar Veteran on Carnosaur (General)

- Lord Kroak (if he still exists)

- Engine of the Gods

- Saurus Warriors x 20 (Spears)

- Skinks x20 (Blowpipes)

- Skinks x20 (Blowpipes)

- Dread Saurian

- Bastilodon (Solar Engine)

- Balewind Vortex

Dread Saurian and Jason839 like this.
  2. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

It can have some bad matchups, but Ive taken dread to 2000pt tournaments and its withstood 40 sentinel lumineth shooting and dok shooting and ate Gotrek. So it can do well, its just very all or nothing. Because of that my lists tend to be all about dread and keeping dread alive. I would recommend adding in the astrolith bearer and to keep it glued to dreads base the entire game to give it that sweet 6+ dpr. Then I recommend a skink starseer for its fate spell to raise dreads saves by 1.

Nart likes this.
  3. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Dread is neither skink, nor saurus, so you have to take buffs, which are not tied to keyword.

You will definitely need slann, preferably kroak, and a unit of guard stick to him just in case. Starseer can give him 3d6 charge and 3+ save, which is huge. Maybe, make him general, so his spell goes off on 6+, instead of 7+. Starpriest gives his attacks poison effect and can debuff scary stuff which attacks dread. You can have hand of glory to give him reroll 1's to hit or, alternatively, command it in combat phase from slann. Astrolith gives him 6+ wound negation and buffs your support mages with +1 to cast. EotG is nice choice, since it can both heal dread and summon warriors to score objectives.

Dread struggles with to things: deal damage worth its points and score objectives, so hordes of skinks and salamanders would compliment it good.

Finally, you can add emerald lifeswarm, so between EotG, Apotheosis and it you can heal 3d3 wounds each turn.

4. Michealmas
    Skink

Michealmas New Member

I was planning on using him as a massive distraction carnifex, buff up his saves and then force people to deal with it because it looks scary while I go do my thing elsewhere on the table

5. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Well thats the thing, it IS scary. We are in a many small units meta. Not very many people are taking the 40 man hordes. So what will happen is usually is you charge dread in, do mortals with the impacts, and then get a couple of bite attacks to go through, and the 10 man unit is wiped out. You dont get to claw attack, and you dont get to tail attack and you feel bad cause your dread just ate that unit like it was nothing and now its done for the turn. Very scary and strong, just not able to maximize output in the current meta.

Dread Saurian likes this.
  6. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

Remember to use realm of ghur to always fight at top of bracket. Never know if your opponent might be rolling bombs so ya gotta give em the most amount of wounds to save anyways

7. Michealmas
    Skink

Michealmas New Member

This will be for an escalation league. Battleplan, auxiliary objectives and realm are all chosen at random before the game starts. So no can do.

So far I'm thinking of running this list:

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,500 (Order - Seraphon) [2,490pts] ++

+ Leader +

Engine of the Gods [260pts]

Lord Kroak [320pts]

Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur [210pts]: [The Thunder Lizard] Prime Warbeast, Celestite Warspear, Fusil of Conflagration, General

Skink Oracle on Troglodon [220pts]

Skink Priest [70pts]

Skink Starseer [140pts]

+ Behemoth +

Bastiladon [220pts]: Solar Engine

Dread Saurian [510pts]

+ Battleline +

Saurus Warriors [180pts]: Celestite Spear, Saurus Warrior Alpha, Stardrake Icon Bearer, Wardrummer
    . 2x 10 Saurus Warriors: 2x Powerful Jaws

Skinks [120pts]: 2x 10 Skinks, Skink Alpha
    . Boltspitter and Moonstone Club

Skinks [120pts]: 2x 10 Skinks, Skink Alpha
    . Boltspitter and Moonstone Club

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance
    . Allegiance: Seraphon
    . . Coalesced: The Thunder Lizard

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

+ Malign Sorcery +