1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New player wanting advice on a colour scheme

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Compo_S, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Compo_S
    Skink

Compo_S New Member

Hi,

Ive been slow collecting models to run a 4 carno list for fun. My local GW is doing a painting competition and im using this as impetus to start painting my stuff. One of my models is the skink starpriest and id like to paint him as an albino lizard. Just after some advice and tips to get this look. I was hoping using the contrast apothecary white as a base with a white layer and dry brush would cover a lot of area but i want to incorporate a few pinkish hues into the model and include pink/red eyes.
    Im also planning on gold armour darkened with agrax ans use nihilakh oxide to colour the snake motif on his staff.

Honestly its all new to me so any advice would be great.

Warden and LizardWizard like this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Lahmian Medium. Use it to thin down your washes. Specially Carroburg Crimson for the pink fleshy undertones you want. Mix it 1 to 1 and then do directed washes focused on the knees, elbows, and other places you want pink to come through. let it fully dry. And then do whatever dry brushing you planned on.

Compo_S likes this.
  3. Compo_S
    Skink

Compo_S New Member

I'll give it a shot. Just base coated the little fella in corax. I've left the empty handed arm and head off so I i can get access to the rest. Debating the feather colouring and I know its usually bright plumage but I'm considering some crow type feathers.
    The plan is my other skink, the star seer will be contrasting to this guy so bright colours and garish skin markings.

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Compo_S
    Skink

Compo_S New Member

Well here's the finished priest. Really happy with this. The feathers aren't exactly as I imagined but they came out OK.

Next up the skink in a chair.... no idea what colour he'll be.

Attached Files:

5. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Looks good. Great color choices.

Compo_S likes this.
  6. Compo_S
    Skink

Compo_S New Member

And here's him with his brother i finished. Really pleased with these two. Such a breath of fresh air after months of rusty necrons.

Attached Files:

Explodingzeb and Imrahil like this.