1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. New Warcry Chameleon Skinks for WHFB use

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by shattershell, Oct 25, 2022.

1. shattershell
    Saurus

shattershell Active Member

Hello friends,

What do you all think of the new Warcry Skinks? There's a Warcry thread about them in the AoS forum section. But I'm interested in people's thoughts about using them in our traditional rank and flank games, particularly 8th which I play!!

Screenshot_20221024-173439~2.png

Screenshot_20221024-173454~2.png

Screenshot_20221025-153320~2.png

It's hard to assess, but they look a bit hefty for putting on 20mm squares. Not a big issue if you run them (very logically) as skirmishing Chameleon Skinks!

I'm not sure how I feel about them. I might replace the heads of some of them with normal Skink heads to make nice Skink Chiefs!

If Oxylotl wasn't one of the worst value special characters in 8th, I'm sure one of these new boyes would be a popular way to represent him! I might try that just to be a unique snowflake running suboptimal choices (like my Troglodon obsession.)

2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I don't think it will be too hard to replace the hand weapons and shields of the melee-oriented models with blowpipe- and dart-holding arms from the Skink kit. GW have always currently been wise enough to leave arms separate from bodies in their plastics.

And as for the melee and sling options and the Terrawings, it's time for me to write a fan-made expansion to the Lizardman army book! (Or add them to the possible Cult of Sotek army list that has also been a plan of mine)

shattershell likes this.
  3. Krox_v.2
    Razordon

Krox_v.2 Well-Known Member

Hmm, I might use one or 2 of the melee chameleons for variation with skink chiefs.

4. WithCarbos
    Skink

WithCarbos New Member

This kit comes with both sword&board AND blowpipe options. They are a tiny bit bigger and beefier than the chameleon from the Starblood Stalkers set (which I prefer), but still look very good! Their blowpipes are very delicate though; handle with care!

Krox_v.2 likes this.