1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog NIGHTBRINGER's Painting Blog - 1000 point (not so) year end Chaos Dwarfs challenge (67.9%)

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Oct 28, 2017.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Hahaha... not with the PS5 unleashed!!! Elden Ring time! :D

It went well. I took some pictures, but doubtful that I can make a good battle rep from it. We'll see.

Dice rolling was on point.

The good stuff.
    :)

2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

I hereby petition you for a Bat Rep. I want to see the CD's in action!

Did Bessie get to play?

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

She did! She most surely did!

Speaking of which, somebody might have picked up a model to be used as a second K'daai Destroyer! :wideyed::cyclops::wideyed: She needs some significant restoration work to help her reach her full potential. Also a bit of conversion work. I'm hoping she'll be a beauty when all is said and done. Already have a code name for her too! Bessie has a sister in crime!

I'll leave the rest a mystery. To be revealed at a later date, when I've had a chance to get some work done on her. (still working my way through PS5 Elden Ring though... so it may be a while :p)

4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I'll be most interested to see which model you chose as a candidate for your second Destroyer - is it another Stonehorn or something else?

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Something completely different. In lore, Destroyers are created uniquely. They have different shapes, sizes and forms. That really gives me the opportunity to have a little bit of fun and pick up any model that catches my eye.

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

So, my newly acquired Destroyer needed a base. I was not happy with the base that I made for Bessie. The plastic was too thin and flexible, resulting in a slight warping due to the contraction of the varnished corkboard. I took a while for this process to take effect, so I didn't notice until it was all finished. It's not a major issue, but it does bug me.

So this time around, I raided my nicest plastic stock to make a far superior base. Its thicker and far more sturdy (it also cuts much nicer with my scroll saw)...
    PXL_20220516_044143700.jpg PXL_20220516_044152308.MP.jpg
    Size = 150mm x 100mm

It's so smooth and flawless, that I have not had the heart to scratch up and score the top surface (for better glue adhesion) yet.