1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Old Blood on Carnosaur

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by desra, Aug 5, 2013.

1. desra
    Skink

desra New Member

As the title says.. What are your thoughts of the viability of this chap..?

i have 2 builds for your thoughts too:

Old Blood
    Carno - Blood Roar
    Piranha Blade
    LA
    Shield
    Talisman of preservation - this guy can deal max 30 possible wounds..

and a more defensive choice

Old Blood
    Carno - Blood Roar
    Stegadon Helm
    Talisman of Endurance or Dawn Stone
    LA
    GW - still cant decide which to choose ward save or re-roll armor saves..

2. Drmooreflava
    Saurus

Drmooreflava New Member

Loping strides... You gotta make those long charges. If your carno gets charged by a unit of knights... bye bye. If your carno charges a unit of knights :jawdrop:

Loping strides also helps with pursuit/overrun because you will be able to set up longer overruns, better chance to catch enemies in pursuit and overrun/pursue out of line of sight of enemy units waiting to flank charge you after your frenzy forces pursuit/overrun.

3. Drmooreflava
    Saurus

Drmooreflava New Member

Also, the steg horn helm + p-blade stack. So your guy gets d3 impact hits that do d3 wounds. Seems like you are going all out offense with him not having enough points for defensive magic items, but isn't that what a carnosaur is made for?

4. Bonak
    Skink

Bonak Member

I was thinking an oldblood with the armor of destiny, dawnstone, and the other tricksters shard would be a good combination.

5. Reddogfish
    Saurus

Reddogfish New Member

I think I like...

old blood
    Carno
    steg helm.

talisman of... 4+ ward
    shield
    light armour
    and weapon of armour peirceing for those etherial

not sure if you can fit it with points... but also like idea of fencers blades... or ASF sword.

hitting on 3s against everything is fun and with PF it is even nastier.

while re-rolling to hit if you can boost your initiative is even better...

just like fencers blades for the extra attack.

n810 likes this.
  6. Daeghrefn
    Saurus

Daeghrefn New Member

I'm thinking about trying to run a Carnosaur again, but have previously had a great deal of trouble keeping it alive. The Oldblood (or scar vet) can be kitted out to survive just about anything, but what can we do to keep the Carnosaur going?
    Also, I'm assuming that unless it's killed outright the combo should cause enough wounds to at least tie combat in almost any circumstance... therefore making Crown of Command unnecessary.
    Thoughts?

7. Riggs
    Jungle Swarm

Riggs New Member

I love the Carnosaur on paper, but whenever I put it in the field it gets shot to pieces in round one. The only time it works is if I get a vanguard move with Tetto and lucky against the first round of shooting. It's a shame too, since it's such a great model.

8. rantapanda
    Kroxigor

rantapanda Member

Cannon meta indeed nullifies the use of our monsters. My second army is the dwarfs and a cannon with rune of forging (re rolls ALL misfires) means basicly that it WILL HIT.

9. MasterKrox
    Saurus

MasterKrox Member

Those are nice builds i had alot of luck at a no comp gt with a carno looping stride with a biting blade LA shield glit scales talisman of endurance and a crown of command so static rez doesnt hurt

10. angelosfernando
    Skink

angelosfernando Member

Best build I think is old blood with charmed shield,light armour,dawn stone ,piranha blade and potion of strength. 1+ rerollable save plus a one use ward save will guarantee you surviving the enemy's attack enough to kill them.