1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Page Rules - Saurus

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Just A Skink, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

So, it looks like my group might be trying the One Page Rules - Age of Fantasy rules sometime soon. When you build your army, there are certain "upgrades" and "options" that you can give to generic heroes and units to make them what you want; not unlike WHFB. Naturally, I'm playing Saurians.

Just for fun/flavor, I'm trying to make my Saurian heroes similar to my Seraphon Saurus heroes. I'm not necessarily trying to copy the exact weapon, but more of what the weapon does in AoF that seems similar to AoS. FYI, no weapon gives you extra reach in AoF. I'd like to see what weapon option you think feels the most like the Saurus hero, or even which weapon you think is just better/best. I know this is somewhat arbitrary, but it's a fun experiment.

Base Saurian Veteran
    Quality: 3+ (to hit)
    Defense: 3+ (save)
    Weapon: Hand Weapon (A4, AP(1)). This means 4 Attacks with Armor Pierce 1 (-1 to enemy defense roll). Wounding is auto if the opponent fails a Defense roll.

Weapon Options
    Lance (A4, AP(1), Impact(1)) - mounted only.
    Means 4 Attacks, AP 1, with 1 auto-attack on a charge.
    Spear (A4, AP(1), Phalanx). Means 4 Attacks, AP1, and a unit who charges me doesn't benefit from charging.
    Halberd (A4, AP(1), Rending). Means 4 Attacks, AP1 and on a "6" to hit that attack has AP4 and ignores the Regeneration rule (which is basically a 5+ ward save).
    2x Hand Weapons (A4, AP(1)). Means 8 Attacks, AP1.
    Great Weapon (A4, AP(3)). Means 4 Attacks, AP3.

My Thoughts
    Oldblood: Spear (No great reason other than it's a bit more defensive)
    Oldblood on Carno: Great Weapon (His hits always felt harder to me, so this seemed like the right option)
    Scar-Vet on Carno: Lance (It looks right and doesn't hit as hard as the great weapon)
    Scar-Vet on CO: Halberd (His mace hits fairly hard in AoS, so this felt about right)
    Sunblood: x2 Hand Weapon (I was trying to replicate the Sunblood's # of attacks, but it doesn't hit that hard. I toyed with Halberd.)
    Eternity Warden: Great Weapon (This seemed the obvious choice to me)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022