1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Miniatures

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by asrodrig, Jan 6, 2009.

1. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Hey, I've been looking around for places to buy alternative miniatures to the GW ones. Many people probably know a lot of other sites, so you can add them to my list, but here's what I've found so far:

Avatars of War - These are pretty popular. Anyone who frequents CollminiOrNot.com will recognize some of these.

ReaperMini - I'm pretty sure everyone knows about this one, but I thought I'd add it just in case you haven't.

Black Tree Design - I'm pretty sure these were produced as a substitute to normal GW minis. The site doesn't display them very well, but I've heard good things about them.

Privateer Press - This looks pretty interesting.

Hell Dorado - Brush up your French if you plan on ordering anything from here. Personally, I love these models!

Crocodile Games - A lot of people are familiar with this as well. I've seen some of their models on this forum before.

Dark Slave Miniatures - 32mm scale. One or two models may pique your interest.

Alkemy Miniatures - I'm not sure the scale of these, but they look about right.

Anima Tactics (couldn't find the official site) - Not a whole lot that is actually useful, especially to Lizardmen, but there's some models with potential for Elven armies

Fenryll Miniatures - Some of these are really goofy, but some others are really cool looking! Also in 28mm scale.

AT-43 - Useless unless you're a 40K player, but there's some really amazing models and a lot of people haven't heard of this, so I thought I'd throw it in.

Darkson Designs - Again, only really helpful if you're a 40K player, but there's some neat stuff if you are. Not sure what scale they are, but I'm guessing somewhere in the 28-33mm range.

Andrea Miniatures - a lot of models are too big (54mm scale), but some are only slightly larger than Warhammer models (32mm scale).

Confrontation - Some pretty cool stuff here, too. Plus, it's in the proper 28mm Warhammer scale!

Dark Age - More cool stuff at the proper scale here

Enigma Miniatures - Only look at the Massive Darkness range of miniatures, as they are the only ones small enough.

Anyways, these are just a couple of the sites I found today (I was bored, can you tell?). If you're really interested in finding more sites, there's millions more! Feel free to post any that you have found!

Some notes: A lot of the minis from the sites listed above won't fit on GW bases, or form perfect ranks.
    GW will not let you use any non-GW models, so you're pretty much restricted to using them for friendly battles.

2. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

That's some good work there mate, well done :)

3. doom_diver
    Cold One

doom_diver New Member

At-43 rules. You realize it is a actual game right? Not much conversion options for 40 K though. Maybe for Necrons....

Surprised no WarMachine....

4. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Now if you could find some good native american miniatures at 28mm scale I'd be majorly impressed. All the goo dones seem o be at super high scale.

5. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Warhammer Historical: Legends of the Old West would be your best bet. They're tricky to find, though.

6. doom_diver
    Cold One

doom_diver New Member

I use Black Scorpion for LEgend of the Old West. Have great looking guys.