1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Path to glory starting list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Egres, Mar 12, 2022.

1. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

Hi guys looking for help starting a PtG list starting at 1500 points what would be a good start?

cheers

Imrahil likes this.
  2. NecridHydra
    Temple Guard

NecridHydra Well-Known Member

Depends a lot. Is the game run between friends or your local store. Is there a price you reeeeally want to win or is just for fun? If you want to win at any cost, look at any tournament list you've used or seen around there and copy that. Add some duplicate units in case you have some casualties and you'll be fine.

If you are doing it just for fun, which of the Subfactions do you like the most? Here, our friend @ChapterAquila92 ,describes his/her process of army building differently and I'll be using this idea for my PtG in my local store, but fun-aimed lists, as all prices are randomly granted.

3. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

They/their/them works just fine for government work or if you don't know, and with fewer keystrokes. :D

Suffice to say that I am male though, so you're half-right. LOL
    I'll admit that I've never played a single Path to Glory game myself, let alone taken part in a campaign revolving around it.

Again, as I elaborate in that thread, the army composition method is something I'm adapting from Warhammer Ancient Battles, which was supported by GW up until a decade ago. Fantasy veterans will also recognize it from a time when Fantasy used to impose similar limitations (5th Edition to be exact).

That reminds me: I really ought to write up what counts as what unit type...

NecridHydra and Bowser like this.
  4. NecridHydra
    Temple Guard

NecridHydra Well-Known Member

Your idea is just another step into narrative and fun lists. If I wanted to, I could put a couple of Stegadons, 20+20 Skinks, Priest, Starpriest, Slann and I'll be winning 70% of the games. But I'm doing it for fun and because I want to meet new people.

Also my friends are going to play and those kind of list are frowned upon.

Some people will argue their army is 100% Skinks because potatoes, other will say theirs is Saurus Knights because tomatoes... I saw a good and easy idea in yours and I'll be using it hahahaha.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day ahahah. Jokes aside, I have my resources in Spanish to avoid any genre when I'm talking about someone else. I'm not as fluent in English as I'd like so, those things happens.

Imrahil, ChapterAquila92 and Bowser like this.
  5. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

Throw like 9 kroxigors at em

Bowser likes this.