1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Picking a spell for your Slann in warscroll builder

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by NoSkillOldBlood, Jul 7, 2019.

1. NoSkillOldBlood
    Skink

NoSkillOldBlood New Member

Hey all,

Haven't got my hands on the GHB 2019 yet but I assume this is a change from there.
    When I'm building a list in the war-scroll builder I now get to pick a spell along side the general ability and artifact.

Does this replace one of the Slanns possible spells or add an extra one? and i have no idea what the spells do but I assume they are from the new Lore we got! Any help deciphering the new change would be greatly appreciated!

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Workschmock
    Saurus

Workschmock Member

You just add a spell and each Seraphon Slann Wizard (including Kroak) can decide at the end of your hero phase to replace that spell by another spell from that lore. If you can think a step ahead, you can have the perfect spell for any circumstance.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    LizardWizard likes this.
  3. NoSkillOldBlood
    Skink

NoSkillOldBlood New Member

Does the extra spell you pick each hero phase add to the Slann total number of spells they can cast per phase or just another option? Cause thats a free extra 3 points if you can cast 4 spells with a regular Slann

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. ThePhilosopherX
    Saurus

ThePhilosopherX Active Member

The spell you pick is an extra one you know, not an extra slot to cast. Instead of knowing mystic shield, arcane bolt, and light of the heavens, your Slann now knows mystic shield, arcane bolt, light of the heavens, and one of the spells from the spell lore. Either way, they can only cast three spells. At the end of your hero phase, your Slann can unlearn the spell lore spell they know and learn a different one, meaning next turn you can cast that newly learned spell. You can't switch the spell that is known by a non-slant wizard like a Starpriest though. If all you do with your Slann is bank summoning points, then the spell lore switch doesn't really matter for you, but it just adds versatility.

Killer Angel and LizardWizard like this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

please note that, even if only the slann can change the spell from the spell lore, also your starpriest knows a spell from the spell lore. Which can be pretty useful.

Aginor likes this.