1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Question about required AoS materials

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Plushosaurus, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Plushosaurus
    Skink

Plushosaurus Member

Right now, in the midst of painting my first handful of models (carnosaur and priest complete; in the midst of a bastiladon), I'm contemplating what I will need when I am actually ready to sit down and play. Currently I own a bunch of dinosaur models and the Age of Sigmar 3.0 hardcover rulebook. And dice and tape and whatnot.

If I were to play a regulation matched play game, it looks like I will also need:
    • Seraphon Battletome - that seems obvious; it will be valid for a while yet?
    • White Dwarf #469 - upcoming patch for existing book, if I understand correctly?
    • General's Handbook 2021 - this one I'm fuzzy on... you're supposed to have this too?
    Am I missing anything? I don't paint that fast so it's not an emergency; just curious as to what I'll have to have for down the road.

2. S1lverScorpion
    Skink

S1lverScorpion Member

Yup that's it!

The GHB 2021 can be thought of as this years season pass for competitive play. It adds to and in cases of conflict overrides the matched play rules in the core book (for example who has first turn)

Plushosaurus likes this.
  3. Plushosaurus
    Skink

Plushosaurus Member

Cool. Is that where you get the most updated points as well?

4. S1lverScorpion
    Skink

S1lverScorpion Member

Yup exactly right!

Plushosaurus likes this.
  5. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Also Bring a copy of all the relevant FAQs and make sure you know what the changes were.

Cuetzpal Pilli and Plushosaurus like this.