1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Question about the Old World

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Deathfrisbee2000, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Deathfrisbee2000 New Member

Where, in the Old World, is a good swampy/thickly forested area? My fluff for my army involves old spawning pools in a lost temple-city suddenly kicking back on to life and lizardmen being spawned NOT on Lustria. I'm bad with my knowledge of the world in general. Any ideas for me please?

--DF2K

2. SlannOfItza
    Kroxigor

SlannOfItza New Member

Southlands (though is primarily skink inhabited) are a central african rain forest...

Idk anywhere else...

:smug:

3. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Deathfrisbee2000 New Member

I'm thinkin' something right in the middle of Bretonnia or the Empire or something that is unexpected. The temple-cities used to be everywhere, so the old ones planned to have the spawning pools pop back on when they were most needed.

--DF2K

4. SlannOfItza
    Kroxigor

SlannOfItza New Member

Bretonnia has Athel Loren in it, and there is a forest just above Mousillon (Forest of Arden) and one smaller one below it (Forest of Chalons). No swamps or anything tho...

:shifty:

5. Xulotl
    Skink

Xulotl New Member

How about the zombie marshes of Tilea? There is Skavenblight, but you could say your 'zards are an ancient watchpost against the vile ratmen or something.

6. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

Lizards don't have to live in jungle. For example, one of the places real life Lizards are most dominant in is desert.

There is no reason you can't say that there is a spawning pool in some shrubery in the Empire (explaining why a Slaan could be there would be a bit harder. Maybe the Slaan decided to teleport here and that's what started the sudden Spawning from the forgotten pools).

7. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

There is a lovely island caled Abilon just off the coast that the Lizardmen have terraformed into a steaming jungle. ;)

8. Stegadeth
    Temple Guard

Stegadeth New Member

I only have the BRB and our Army Book. I will say that my background for my Lizards is Desert. To be exact, they were spawned to defend the Chasm of the Condor pass through the Spine of Sotek Mountains in Lustria which is bordered by the Copper Desert on the non-jungle side of the mountains. This also made a wonderful reason for my Lizardmen to show up virtually anywhere to retrieve stolen or lost artifacts anywhere in the New or Old World in arid areas.

Voila, my Army now has the right to be anywhere. Fighting in snow? Bad weather caught them up on the way back from getting an artifact in Cathay. Really, with Lizardmen you can find a pretty good reason to show up where ever you'd like them to.