1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Quick to Fire w/ Skinks

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Professor_Skink, May 30, 2014.

1. Professor_Skink
    Skink

Professor_Skink New Member

Question came up in my gaming group. With javelins, you do not take a penalty for moving and shooting with that missile weapon. Skirmishers can march and shoot with a -1 penalty, so doesn't that mean missile weapons that are quick to fire get rid of the movement penalty for marching and shooting with quick to fire?
    Am I missing something? Thanks guys.

2. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

You are correct, sir. Quick to fire means there is no penalty for moving and shooting, and skirmishes can march and shoot (which, normally, you can not). Therefore skirmish javelins only suffer -1 for long distance (if applicable).
    This is the main reason I take jav's instead of b/pipes. that extra -2 to hit is a killer and often means I only get to shoot one dart instead of two if I want to keep poison.

3. Professor_Skink
    Skink

Professor_Skink New Member

See that's the way I've played it for years, then a friend says at a tournament he was at they ruled something about gutter runners and slings or something didn't ask him on the specific rule, but it just doesn't make sense to me the way he says it.
    If skirmishers can march and shoot with that -1, the quick to fire that gets rid of the -1 should make marching with javelins not have a penalty for moving.
    (Sorry I keep trying to convince myself, the guy has a really strong opinion on the rule and it's going to take a lot more than me telling him this to convince him otherwise :D

4. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

ok, so you can provide your opponent with this:

BRB Page 73 - Quick to Fire
    "Quick to Fire weapons do not suffer the usual -1 To Hit penalty for moving and shooting..."

BRB Page 77 - Fire on the march
    ".. they can even shoot if they marched or reformed earlier in the turn."

5. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

Once you're in close range it's 4+ which is quite nice for such a cheap unit