1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Razordons

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Michealmas, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Michealmas
    Skink

Michealmas New Member

Has anyone had much success with Razordons since their points decreased? At 95pts each they're starting to look pretty appealing, a little unreliable but shooting, decent melee and free unleash hell makes them a really appealing pick over other stuff at the same points value.

2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

still haven't used them.

free unleash hell... well, if only they could shoot at full potential maybe. but it's what? 1d6 shots, 3+/4+, no rend, 1 dam.
    I would be surprised if you score a single damage.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  3. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

they do get rend as it's within 6" 45% chance to do 0 damage to a 4+ save 36% chance to do 1 14% chance to do 2 5%chance to do more.
    it wasn't bad back when you could have 3 in a unit you could hit them with poison and unleash hell to get 9d6 attacks but with the new reinforcement rules it's not usually worth it

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

you're right, i tend to forget the -1 rend within 6".
    but yes, the reinforcement rule killed them. They need a high volume of shots, ad ATM they simply don't have it.

5. Michealmas
    Skink

Michealmas New Member

I was doing some theorycrafting in another thread for my own army looking at what i could add around the 350-400 point mark; a bunch of razordons have some good output. As individual units they aren't great but because of the cost reduction, if you take a bunch of them they can put out a fair bit. Think this was for 2x2.

Attached Files:

• dmg.png
      dmg.png
      File size:
      11.6 KB
      Views:
  6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

whats the damage spread? what buffs are you using? how much of that is melee/range? are you cutting range damage in half due to only getting to swing with it in your turn?

7. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

IMO theorycrafting always makes random shots seem way better than they turn out to be in practice. Reliability of damage is underrated.

8. Michealmas
    Skink

Michealmas New Member

This was for a full turn of combat, includes their shooting into melee but does not include their unleash hell ability. No buffs besides the rend increase.

Opponents turn with no shooting, damage would look mor like this (without unleash hell):

2+ 5.67
    3+ 7.78
    4+ 9.89
    5+ 12
    6+ 12.33
    NS 12.67

9. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

fair enough. just remember that razerdons can't buff themselves like the other units mentioned and are by far the most CP hungry unit we have. battle shock is also a major problem for them.
    with the above situation they swing between 11 and 19 dropping to 10-17 if they are not within 6" and only on our turn. not great for 385 points but not the worst thing we have.
    that said 6 kroxigor out perform 4 razors in coalesced due to extra bight attacks 11-20 and are 85 points cheaper so if we need a melee bruzer my money is still on them.

Putzfrau likes this.
  10. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

that said 3 salamanders 420 points so 35 point difference switch hitting unbuffed still hit waaay harder. 13-24 on a 4+ save and 15-27 in coalesced. heck in coalesced 2 salamanders 280 points give razors a run for their money with 9-19 on a 4+.(ignoring the goads every one does) if we hit a super anvil 2+save they are still doing 6-15 as opposed to razors 5-12
    so half the models for 105 points less perform almost as well and better againsed high armor

Putzfrau likes this.
  11. Michealmas
    Skink

Michealmas New Member

Yeah I intentionally left sallies out when I was looking at options as they were pretty much guaranteed to blow everything else away even at 140 each.

Razors being so CP heavy was my concern too, they like buffs and battleshock is going to be a headache. Might be better in starborn as they don't benefit from the jaw attacks anyway and the bravery buff makes them a lot more attractive. At their point cost they hit pretty hard especially compared to other sub 100pt options.