1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Realjuan's Paintblog will pop your eye out! Need help!

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Realjuan, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Realjuan
    Cold One

Realjuan Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,
    I joined a group to trade minis once a month, and I am being outpainted!!!
    This month I had Toshiro, the Daimyo a proud member of an undead crew. (his eye is pooped out)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He will be joining my first model painted in this exchange Yin the Penangalan.
    [​IMG]

I think for my painting standards this model would be finished after a few highlight on the paper fan, but I would like to push myself a little bit more with a few free hand motives on the clothes. What else do you think I could improve?

Thanks a lot

2. Explodingzeb
    Bastiladon

Explodingzeb Well-Known Member

Cool gruesome models!
    They look good, your painting looks nice and tidy.

To make them pop a bit more and stand out properly I'd say you need to boost the contrast across the mini. Darker shadows and brighter highlights is the key to this.

As far as freehand goes, in my limited experience its a matter of practice. Try drawing the design you want to do on some paper multiple times to get a feel for it, then try painting it on the paper. Once you have done a couple of goes of that you can try on the model itself. It could also be handy to do the freehand before any washes have been applied, that way you can fix any mistakes with your base colours easier.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    Sudsinabucket likes this.
  3. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Great work! Keep going!