1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Rear Attacked Steg

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Oosterloo, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Oosterloo
    Jungle Swarm

Oosterloo New Member

This happened to me today. My stegadon fled from close combat with some chaos warriors in my turn ( I wasn't expecting that since it was a unit of only 10 warriors but fine ). He ran away 11" and the warriors pursued for a good 7". Then in my opponents turn he charged in the still fleeing stegadon, my question is: can the stegadon then turn to fight back? Or maybe attack with his tail ( couldn't find anything in the rule-book )

In the end i agreed not too let him attack since I was losing the battle and because it seems unrealistic. Have you got any opinions about it?

2. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

This causes your stegadon to make another flee move. And I believe it can be run down as well if you do not flee far enough.

Don't have rulebook in front of me to give you a page number.

3. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Unless he is using cavalry to charge, you should be able to outrun him with the 3d6 roll for fleeing. Unless you really tank that roll.

4. Oosterloo
    Jungle Swarm

Oosterloo New Member

that seems more logical then him just taking the combat hits from the back, thanks!

5. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

Do Stegadons get 3D6 to flee? I thought you had to have movement 7 to get 3 dice.

6. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah just 2d6 from the steg. And if you are already fleeing and get charged, Kurlin is correct, he just keeps fleeing.

Incidentally, if he does happen to get rear or flank charged there is nothing in the army book saying he can't fight back with full effect. Chariots specifically say the mounts cannot attack to the flank or rear, but I'm pretty sure the steg has no such ruling. So whether its his tail, back legs or whatever, you should be fine.

7. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

oops. Didn't realize that. I have been treating the stegadon like it was a chariot.

8. Batu
    Saurus

Batu New Member

your fleeing stegadon was charged the following turn by an enemy unit. Since your Steg. was fleeing it must Flee as a charge response. If your flee move which is (2d6) is not far enough to get you out of range of the enemy unit, the stegadon is overran and removed from play. (no combat)

While fleeing from a single unit this usually is not an issue. However, you flee from the highest US enemy in multiple charges or breaking. So it could actually make you flee toward another charging enemy unit and push you into their charge range.

Again if you are broken/fleeing and get charged:
    1. roll 2d6 and move your steg that many inches away from the highest charging US enemy.
    2. charging enemy measures to your stegadon. if any charging enemy units can reach the stegadon it is overan and removed (no combat).