1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Religion] A circle of glyphs, for us reptilians.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Greetings, fellows.

It was brought up in the "what are you doing today, hobby-wise" that several of us are practicing pagans of varying disciplines and pantheons.

I thought we should have a general chat thread for interesting musings, thoughts, imagery and discussion.

I'm a polytheistic pagan, choosing to worship a chosen pantheon. Mostly Norse, with Toth and Bastet from the egyptian, and a few others.

Check out my newest altarpiece with a function:

PXL_20220718_083705694.jpg

2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I was thinking of doing something like this, but wasn't sure if it would go against the forum's guidelines. But then we are peaceful people, and not the devil-worshippers that some lunatic monotheists like to brand us as, so I'm willing to share in my faith with you all.

I am specifically a Celtic Pagan, at the moment I worship privately and haven't yet built an altar, so nothing to show here yet I'm afraid, but I pray once every evening to one of each of the seven gods I have chosen to worship:

Lugus, God of the Sky
    Cernunnos, God of the Birds, Beasts and Wild Places
    Toutatis, God of Warfare (I'm not in a war of course and I don't wish for war to come to Britain, but I believe praying to a war god helps me to remaining internally strong and masculine)
    Arawn, God of the Dead
    Brigid, Goddess of Love
    Epona, Goddess of Horses (I had a passion for horses and horseriding as a child, so I believe that Epona must guide me sometimes)
    Sucellus, King of the Celtic Gods

In some circumstances I whisper a prayer to all my gods, and most of the time it works out, so my mind remains open and my beliefs that there are Gods that listen to me endure. I certainly believe there is more to life than just what we can see, hear, touch, taste and smell, and that the modern obsession with science and proof has made people blind to such things.

In amidst my multitudinous wargaming projects, I am also writing a sacred text containing all my beliefs and perceived wisdom. When it is complete, I wish to use it to encourage others to follow my example in living a life of decency and respectability, resisting all the depredations of modern society and preserving the more civilised aspects of old orders, that went into decline when anarchistic 'progressives' tore those orders down. I mean if some obscure American sci-fi author can become a success at preaching a faith as strange and controversial as Scientology, then surely a traditionalistic faith of ancient gods and preserving a civilised lifestyle will be even better-received?

Very well-made, what sort of offerings do you place within it?

Might as well call our other two Pagan friends to this thread - @Sudsinabucket, @Tk'ya'pyk, come and chat with us!

3. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Regarding forum viability, i marked the topic religion, and this is in the general chat forum so its not breaking any forum rules that i am aware.

4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I noticed the former and I agree with the latter. Should be OK.

5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Yep, it's fine.
    As long as the debate is respectful and civil it's allowed. As you're already aware, we debate real world politics and news, after all.

6. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

So, I have an altar, Agragax is working on one (?) and the others haven't chimed in yet.

what are some rituals you all follow?

7. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

We have, hmm, two altars of sorts in the house. My wife's shrine to Bastet is in the bay window in the bedroom (a place that cats like to hang out - trust me on this, they really do) whereas my own is kind of the entire house in a way. I have little statuettes and altarpiece items scattered throughout the house so I don't have to be anyplace specific to offer up a prayer.

8. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Joyous yule everyone!

PXL_20221221_172410043.jpg

9. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

and a Merry Katsmas to you as well!