1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Ripperdactyls and Terradons

Discussion in 'House Rules' started by Nakki, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Nakki
    Skink

Nakki Member

I love the idea of a house rules page, so let me be the first to post!

This is an obvious one but I don't see many people using it in online battle reports. I play that Skink chiefs riding ripperdactyls and terradons can join units of the same name (i.e. terradon riding chief can't join ripperdactyl unit and vice versa).

2. Professor_Skink
    Skink

Professor_Skink New Member

That's how we play it here too. My friend who has been playing the game for years is totally fine with it, but another friend says I can't because there's no explicit rule that says I can.
    And then there's predatory fighter... Here we play back rank gets it, I don't see why not. If I can't then there's no point to it in skrox units you know?
    The lizardmen need an FAQ more than humans need oxygen

3. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

Kroxigor in a Skink unit are there to dish out big, fat strength 7 hits from inside a crappy skink unit. Also, so that you can have Kroxigor as core troops... If you're worried about the amount of hits, Hand of Glory their WS, or Blades of Aibon or increate their rolls to hit someway. :)

4. Lawot
    Kroxigor

Lawot Active Member

Yup, haven't done it yet, but have the OK from my friends to have Skink Chiefs on Terradons and Rippers join the appropriate units.

Any thoughts on putting a Skink Priest on a Terradon? Seems like it would work, but maybe having a Slann inside your head and keeping your balance while flying isn't a combination they can pull off.

5. Agrem
    Kroxigor

Agrem Active Member

They currently don't have the option to take terradons. Priests can be only mounted on stegadons. But since we are talking about house ruling this I'll bite.

I wouldn't take the terradon for a priest even if it would be possible.

The terradon doesn't really give anything for the priest that for example cloak of feathers wouldn't give. The priest cannot really be equipped with that much defence that it wouldn't be easy to shot down even from the back of the terradon. The cost would also go up quite drastically for the priest. I would assume that the terradon would cost the same as for a chief. It's almost 50% of the base price of the priest and if fully kitted it's still 33%. Too high for my opinion. The base movement should usually be just enough for the priest to go around and act as eyes for the slann.

BR
    Agrem