1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Salamander/Razordon Points Question

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Boomer, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Boomer
    Skink

Boomer Member

Ok ...been going over the new Battletome that FINALLY came out and it's time to blow the dust off my snoozing Seraphons....

The wording for the Hunting packs is confusing on a number of levels regarding the make-up and points - at least to me. So I'll ask it in a simple way:

Does a single minimum-sized "Pack" consist of 3 Skink Handlers and 1 Sally/Razor for a cost of 80 points (Therefore being the 4 models associated with the minimum indicated as "4")? And therefore if you went to the maximum unit size of "12" models that would consist of 3 Sallys/Razors and 9 Handlers for a cost of 240 points? That cant be right? Grant it each pack now has 6 wounds each theoretically, but yikes, 240 points - or am I doing something wrong here?

Good grief - GW sure can bugger up the wording sometimes.

Tanks!

Boomer

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome back!

You are correct. A unit of 12x Salamander Hunting Pack would consist of 3 Salamanders and 9 Skink Handlers.

3. Boomer
    Skink

Boomer Member

Thanks much...for the 240 points right (yikes that's steep)?

Boomer

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Blitzkriyg
    Temple Guard

Blitzkriyg Well-Known Member

240 is right, and they are worth so much more

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

think of them as a self firing artillery and the crew is expendable. plink those wounds off the crew and hope the cannon doesn't run away scared lol.

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

keep in mind that their range has been increased to 12" and each salamander shoots 4 times, while the old Sallies were 8" and 1 attack. The dam. was d6, but now they are much more threatening.

ILKAIN and LizardWizard like this.
  7. Boomer
    Skink

Boomer Member

Correct on all counts...I looked the old book over and yes they are a lot more pricey - BUT as you say you get 3 throw away wounds from the handlers, the extra range, etc...overall, as with a LOT of things in the new Tome - the costs are LESS AND we get more. Additionally, if there is a cost increase, there seems to be a correlating improvement. In short I think the Tome is a Lizzy buff. With magic, it's insane.

LizardWizard likes this.