1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Saurus Warriors -> Guard

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Solimbar, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Solimbar
    Skink

Solimbar Member

I bought the "Start Collecting Box" containing 10 Saurus Warriors and they did not perform very well or at least worse than when used as Saurus Guard proxies instead.

So the next step would be to convert my Saurus Warriors into actual Saurus Guard models, but is that even possible?

As far as I can see from photos both models have nearly the same size and all that is missing is a conversion of the weapon, a skull-hat as well as some bones and other decorations on the shields. Is that correct or do they also have body armor?

Aginor and Bowser like this.
  2. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

If you're not fielding any other warriors, 95% of people you play won't mind if you play them as guard.

If you wanted to upgrade them, you could use the totems feathers, dangly skull bits, different weapons attached to their hips etc. to bulk them out a bit and make them look fancier.

Solimbar, Aginor and Bowser like this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

10 warriors will always be lack lustre, they work best in larger units backed up by a Sunblood, Guards are better in smaller units but also need buffing by a hero or Eternity warden.

If you want to convert look for a bits shop for Guard heads and weapons.

4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

You can also buy a box of guard, there are extra heads and bits in there to make the conversions pretty easy. Take the tip off of the spears and put the clubs on top, looks like the guards halberds, the conversions should go fairly easily.

Solimbar, Aginor and Ritual like this.
  5. Solimbar
    Skink

Solimbar Member

There are some extra warrior models in the SC box. Lets see what a little bit of Greenstuff can do for me.

However: Do guards wear some kind of body armor? For some reason all photos I found use nearly the same angle with a good look on the shield.

Bowser likes this.
  6. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

The shield is held closer to the body on the guard. And they have skull helmets. That's the only real difference.

Solimbar likes this.
  7. Solimbar
    Skink

Solimbar Member

Thank you.

Bowser and Ritual like this.
  8. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Paint all the crest white.....
    call it a day. :p

Bowser and Ritual like this.
  9. Fulcrum
    Cold One

Fulcrum Well-Known Member

Saurus guard bodies are slightly thicker, I learned this as I had the same idea as you. If you take the leftover champion shoulder pads, they make good bits of chest armor for the warriors which makes them look bulkier.

Crowsfoot, Bowser and Ritual like this.
  10. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

The Guard also wield Halberds, which you can easily convert by giving the Saurus spears, cutting off the tips and replacing them with the ends of the clubs.

Fulcrum, Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.