1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scar Veteran GW Help!

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Cragspyder, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Cragspyder
    Skink

Cragspyder New Member

Hello folks! Just registered on these boards to see if I can pick your brains for some ideas!

Seems like a great site, going to look through it a little later, but right now I want to start (re)painting my Lizardmen which I have left with some terrible paint jobs for too long!

But I wanted to start this topic and I will come back later and see what you folks have to say!

Most people use a JSOD with a great weapon as standard procedure for their armies, however, GW doesn't currently sell a GW armed Scar Veteran on foot.

Anyone feel like posting their JSOD and giving me an idea of how you made him? I am really poor at converting metal models so I was wondering what a good method would be, and if there is a better way if possible (use a Saurus Champion from the box set and make one from there, grab some bits from another kit, etc)

I don't really want a JSOD but my current HW and Shield armed Scar Veteran doesn't get enough kills currently, so I want to get one armed with a GW at least!

If anyone has some good advice or pictures of a GW-armed Scar-Veteran that would be really neat!

2. FrozenLizards
    Saurus

FrozenLizards New Member

I do say-so-my-self, I did an awesome job on my JSoD! I took a Saurus and carved scars and even a Scaven bite into his flesh. later (after I have him painted I'll add armor and post pics.

3. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

Unfortunately I cant post a pic of my JSOD (me and my army our on separate continents....a terrible thing), however I can tell you the two easiest ways that Ive seen consistently used.

The first is imo the most useful, as it can be used for either a GW or a halberd. All you have to do is use a standard scar veteran model, and then hack off the pommel and replace it with a shortened spear haft. You should be able to see a couple of examples of this in GW tournie photos.

Meanwhile, I have seen pretty much the opposite where you keep the pommel and hack off the blade (or club head on the other scar veteran model). Then simply take some spare weapons and stack them in a combination that suits you.