1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Seraphon WARCRY: the thread

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Killer Angel, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Given that finally Seraphon will have their warcry cards, it's time to open a dedicated thread for discussions, fluff, Q&A, and so on.

If the interest for seraphon into warcry will improve, we'll think to the possibility of a Whole subforum for it. In the meantime, this stickied thread is for all warcry fans!

2. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

LordBaconBane Well-Known Member

Pre-ordered my cards the second they popped up. Excited to get them and give em a whirl

Wazz, Killer Angel and Erta Wanderer like this.
  3. Nobler
    Jungle Swarm

Nobler New Member

Pre-ordered! I've been waiting for an excuse to jump into war gaming for years, and I almost did it when AoS was first released and I saw the Seraphon. The price intimidated me and I once again almost jumped in with Warcry, but was disappointed with the lack of dinosaurs. But NOW I am ready and I've started to paint my first GW miniatures.

4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

welcome mighty lizard! i hope you enjoy your stay here. if you need help just let us know

Lord Skal'terakk, Womboski and Wazz like this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria! :)

Lord Skal'terakk, Womboski and Wazz like this.
  6. Sebbs
    Cold One

Sebbs Active Member

Will there be only one card for each different type of unit? E.i. 1xSkink, 1xSaurus, 1xTerradon? I don't know how the previously released decks works but that's the case then Maggotkin deck would be awfully thin, if it's just two units and an ability card?

3 strength for the cav seems rather weak compared to almost all of the other previewed cards where most have either 4 or even 5! I wouldn't be worried if a Kroxigor was included in the rules too. Maybe the Saurus Guard are supposed to be our bruiser :bookworm:

7. Davema
    Saurus

Davema Well-Known Member

At this point with warcry, what would you need to get started (assuming you have models already)

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  8. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

the army cards. the senerio cards, dice a person to play with

9. Davema
    Saurus

Davema Well-Known Member

Do I not need a rulebook? Is it played on any surface or is there specific maps/layouts/boards? Are there any required supplements, or a generals handbook?

10. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

the lay outs and rules are all on the cards the map and game rules are random. rule book would help. they arnt selling the terrain any more so you will have make do

LizardWizard and Davema like this.
  11. Davema
    Saurus

Davema Well-Known Member

Ah ok. Cheers!

LizardWizard and Erta Wanderer like this.
  12. VVolfsong
    Saurus

VVolfsong Active Member

Judging by the previously released card packs, we'll get one card for each combination of unit type and weapon loadout. According to the description in the webstore, our pack contains a total of 17 cards; four types of Skinks, three types of Saurus Warriors, two types of Saurus Guard, three types of Saurus Knights, three types of Terradon Riders and two types of Ripperdactyl Riders.

Now this is a little interesting. The skinks I'm going to assume are all the different build options we've always had; Javelin + Star-buckler, Boltspitter + Star-buckler, Boltspitter + Moonstone Club, and Moonstone Club + Star-buckler.

Saurus warriors however only have two options. Either Celestite Clubs or Celestite Spears. So what is the third type going to be? It could be for a Stardrace Icon or Wardrums, but it would be weird to bring those into Warcry since individual models don't get special rules. They'd have to tie it to the warband abilities card, and I can't really see anything like that from what is visible in the preview image.

The same goes for Saurus Knights, Saurus Guard, Terradon Riders and Ripperdactyl Riders. They all seem to have one type card more than we currently have ways of gearing them up.

Unless we're also getting a separate card for an Alpha from each unit type? Really the only thing I can think of that makes sense when looking at the models, but I don't think any other warband ever got that?

Seems weird that they'd stop selling the original terrain just like that. Sometimes I just don't get what they're thinking.

There's still the expansion packs which include a new mat and cards for that, so you can play using those if you don't know anyone with the original set.

13. claymore36
    Saurus

claymore36 Active Member

I sold my Seraphon army a few months ago (I just don't like using them as a summon army. I miss the days we were an elite army) but I might just have to build a warband. Anyone know the scale of the bloodbowl team? I may use them to make Saurus Warriors and Guard and some Skinks.

LizardWizard likes this.
  14. Antisense
    Skink

Antisense Active Member

I think this is roughly the case. I started in Warcry with Deepkin, and they had us use the banner carrying (alpha) equivalents to run a leader option of either of the infantry models. So it looks like we'll get a cav leader option, warrior leader with hand weapon, warrior leader with spear, etc.

LizardWizard likes this.
  15. VVolfsong
    Saurus

VVolfsong Active Member

Both Saurus Warriors and Saurus Guard are smaller than the Blood Bowl Saurus.

I don't have the rest of the team close by so I can't do a Skink comparison right now unfortunately.

Attached Files:

LizardWizard likes this.
  16. Vexcor
    Kroxigor

Vexcor Well-Known Member

warcry normally gives a few new models made for small games ( 500 points like ).
    Saurus warriors have options on spears and clubs.
    maybe we will see some savage saurus, dual wield clubs with bad save but a 5+ ignore after save.
    or fast ambush cavallery without armor, maybe with skinks on top.
    Faster, raptors with more damage potentionell, maybe the skinks get some shooting on close distance ( 9").
    i could also see a armored razordon, so the spikes get pinned with metal.
    like this the razordon loose his shooting ability, but will be much deadlier in close combat and get a better save, maybe the same save but cannot be reduced ( like bastilodon).

For new Heros:
    The absolut best what i can imagine is a Elite kroxigor.
    Strong version of moonhammer, heavy plated armor, command ability to buff melee saurus (warriors, guards, kroxigors).
    A ferocious bite, can even shred heavy armor, maybe even a tale swing because of his pure power.

just some ideas in my mind:D

LizardWizard and Dragvindel like this.
  17. Antisense
    Skink

Antisense Active Member

So far, I haven't seen any weapons loadouts in Warcry that are not already legal options in AOS. You'll never build a model for Warcry that wouldn't also be represented in their AOS warscroll.

LizardWizard and Erta Wanderer like this.
  18. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

i think a bit of that was him wishlisting for our new book

19. Sebbs
    Cold One

Sebbs Active Member

It makes sense but at the same time it's a shame. I have two scar-veteran cowboys with great weapon from back when that was a thing. Would be nice to take those out for a spin in Warcry :rolleyes:

LizardWizard and Wazz like this.
  20. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

I think @Antisense nailed it, the 2 wep load outs and then a leader option for the Warriors and Knights. We could possibly get a Statdrake icon unit though. Bonesplitterz have their totem bearer as a separate card and hes pretty solid +1 toughness aura and 3" range for like a few points over a Morboy.
    @Killer Angel thanks for the sticky!!!