1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Some rules help pls

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by TommyM, Jul 31, 2015.

1. TommyM
    Skink

TommyM New Member

Any help much appreciated.

Does a Stegadon with giant crossbow suffer the penalty for move and shoot?

Does the Ripperdactyl's killing blow apply when stomping?

Can a challenge be issued after a flank or rear charge? Can a character move from the front to the flank or rear to fight?

How any channelling dice does Mazamundi get if he's sitting on Arcane ruins? Harmonic Convergence + Arcane Ruins?

Is rolling a 1 in an initiative test a failure?

When assaulting a building occupied by a single model is that model considered to be in base contact with all ten attackers?

Thanks

2. Agrem
    Kroxigor

Agrem Active Member

Hello,

Yes it does as it's not "quick to fire". Remember it cannot march and shoot.

No, stomp doesn't benefit from any abilities unless otherwise stated.

Yes, yes (make way rules).

This I don't know as I don't play these terrain rules.

The opposite. 1 always succeeds and 6 fails. (same with strength and toughness tests)

Yes, the model has effectively the base size of the building.

Hope these help. :)

BR
    Agrem

3. TommyM
    Skink

TommyM New Member

Great thanks

4. owain_b
    Saurus

owain_b Member

@Agrem I agree with all the above, but I believe there is something in the assaulting buildings rules in the BRB that says only half the 10 attacking models can attack a single model. Dont have the book with me to check page number though.

I also dont play the terrain rules so not sure about that one either.

Cheers

5. Agrem
    Kroxigor

Agrem Active Member

Had to re-read the building rules as I didn't remember anything of this. :D
    But you are partly correct. The rules say that if there is a champion or character then only half of the assaulting force can target it.

However, I'm actually not sure about my first answer anymore as it states in the rulebook that the units are not infact in base contact. Although I would still say that you would consider the unit as having the "base" size of the building.

Anyway, we actually very rarely play with buildings as the rules are quite stupid and broken with them. If we have buildings on the table we usually consider them just impassable terrain.

BR
    Agrem

6. TommyM
    Skink

TommyM New Member

Thanks again. This helps a lot.

7. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

With the rules as written, Maz (and any other Slann with Harmonic Convergence) may roll up to 4 dice. The rules explicitly say "up to four dice" not "three extra dice," so Harmonic Convergence provides nothing.

Note I have been playing that wrong for years :(. Your question prompted me to read the entry on page 124 carefully. I need to change the entry on the terrain tactica now.