1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Soulscream bridge

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by MackiMac, Nov 4, 2020.

1. MackiMac
    Ripperdactil

MackiMac Well-Known Member

What do you think about teleporting a buffed firelance templehost over the soulscream bridge for a first turn charge? Could it work? Worth it?

The knights would have +4 on the charge roll

LizardWizard and Erta Wanderer like this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

why not just run starborne? you wouldn't need to get a spell of and you get almost the same result

LizardWizard and MackiMac like this.
  3. MackiMac
    Ripperdactil

MackiMac Well-Known Member

Coaleced get more attacks and will do more mortal wounds with the starpriest ability. Starborne can only teleport one unit with LoSaT and dont get plus to charge from their version of the firelance :)

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. NecridHydra
    Temple Guard

NecridHydra Well-Known Member

Also, math wise, Starbone SK deals way less damage, even buffed to their teeth.

MackiMac likes this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Against certain armies could work (SoB, for example, where you will hit a juicy model), but in other cases it won't.
    The opponent will see the cavalry and the bridge, and will just screen the possible targets. Of course, you could do it the same, sacrificing the unit which will be alone in the enemy lines, but will distract the opponent giving you more time to gain control of the battlefield with slower units.

Let's say that it depends a lot on the army you are facing, the scenario and so on.

6. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

I just don't think it does enough for the 100 points its going to cost you. Armies that want bridge are armies that don't want to move or get benefits from not moving.

It's also only ever going to be an advantage on 24'' deployments, and only if the other dude is literally lining up on the line.

I just think it's way too situational to want to build a competitive list around. I've done it before with a bunch of warriors through a bridge and its hilarious and fun, but I don't think it's worth it personally.