1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Starter Army

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by SandwichBandit7613, Sep 22, 2020.

1. SandwichBandit7613
    Jungle Swarm

SandwichBandit7613 New Member

Hi!

So I'm working on picking out my first AoS army - I had some Empire, Vampire Counts, and Wood Elves back in the late 6th/early 7th days, but never anything particularly complete, (ah, the joys of being a broke teen) - and I'm thinking Seraphon might be the way I go.

I'm working on putting together a 1k starter army, and I'm quickly getting the impression this a bit more complex as factions go. I've been reading up on the faction through a bunch of posts here, but thought going ahead and asking directly would be helpful. I'm mostly leaning toward something mobile, so skink and knight heavy. I was thinking about the following as my starting point:

Oldblood on Carnosaur
    Scar Vet on Cold One
    Skink Priest
    3x5 Knights w/ Lance
    2x10 Skinks w/ Boltspitter, Dagger & Shield
    Firelance Starhost

Could also swap the Priest out for another 10 Skinks. Does this seem like a decent start or am I way off the mark?

I want a very visually unique army, and had been strongly considering Cities having seen some of the awesome conversions being done for that faction. Ultimately, I decided I wanted something a bit more exotic and less western/eurocentic and I'm feeling there is a lot of potential to do this with Seraphon. I'm planning some pretty heavy conversions (and I know this army is gonna be pretty spendy), so the Start Collecting boxes aren't really going to be the same value for my purposes.

Any and all advice welcome!