1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. starting lizardmen

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Calum, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Calum
    Skink

Calum New Member

Hi guys, i have aventually chosen a warhammer fantasy side ( lizardmen of course :D ) and am currently thinking of a 1000pt army but have no idea what to choose. Can somebody please help me out thanks a bunch!

2. nevets311
    Jungle Swarm

nevets311 New Member

what type of army do you want?

3. Phoenix49
    Skink

Phoenix49 New Member

Hey Calum, welcome to the Scaly Side (sorry it was the only way to make a Star Wars reference).

Well, in the case that you're new to the GW products altogether, you should just go for a non-magic, simple list with as few heroes as possible, keeping it simple in the units. Saurus Warriors, Skink Skirmishers, Cold One Cavalry, maybe a Saurus Scar Veteran to start playing.

In case that you're a GW player but new to Fantasy, try to start with a no-magic list, with a good mix of anything that looks cool to u and powerful on the army book. Make a list and come post here, I'm sure everyone is gona provide some very constructive and useful feedback.

Either way, just take the army book and check whatever you think is cool, and make a list ^.^ Then post about it, and we'll provide feedback on it. (I strongly suggest no-magic lists for beginners)

4. Starblayde
    Skink

Starblayde New Member

The Battalion box set gets you pretty much 1000pts of meanness, providing Cold One Cavalry, Saurus Warriors and Skinks. Simples!

5. LoqGarMundi
    Skink

LoqGarMundi New Member

I am also in accord with everyone else here.
    Start with something non-magic first. it can be a little tricky to a beginner.

When i first started Lizardmen, it was fuuuuuun. (a bit crazy) but fuuuun.
    i enjoyed starting off with the warriors and skinks. it gave a nice taste to how lizardmen over-all work. a solid, hard hitter such as saurus, and a quicker, more maneuverable unit of skink skirmishers.
    after that, i decided to go with some more fast, but powerful things, like the Cold One Cavarly.
    as my love for the scaly's grew, so did my aspirations.
    i enjoyed more and more units, and the destruction they wreaked on the field of battle.
    so, in wrapping up, go with what you think looks good, and what suits your personality and playing style.
    Do you like solid walls of awesome? go with Saurus.
    do you like fast and pwerful? Cavalry and beasts.
    Fast, agile, and shooty? Skinks are spawning favorites.

so just go with what you like, then work on what works for you.
    I suggest that battalion box as well.

6. Stegadeth
    Temple Guard

Stegadeth New Member

I'd also suggest a battalion box. You can kitbash a couple of heroes and you are well on your way. After a few battles under your skavenfur belt, grab a Stegadon. I recommend setting it up as an Engine of the Gods. This will leave you with one extra skink chief and an extra regular skink. If you are still enjoying it at that point, dive in and have fun!

7. Sebulba
    Temple Guard

Sebulba New Member

Yeah, I took a temple guard and made him a scarvet for my saurus unit, 8 CoR gives you at least one scar vet on Cold One. I bought a box of skinks and I was able to make two priests and a chief from the skinks from the box and the battalion.

Cheap heroes anyway.

8. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

when i started i bought the batallion and a stegadon. that gave me 20 saurus, 9 TG + scar vet on foot, 6 COC + mounted scar vet. i converted the skink chief from the stegadon box into a priest mounted on a cold one from the last cold one and converte 1 remaining skink from the stegadon, and another regular skink from the batallion into extra handlers for salamanders with the 2h spears that you get from the stegadon.
    its true that i only have 11 skink left but i'll get more

9. Calum
    Skink

Calum New Member

thanks guys great help i will get the battalion and maby another sarus set and of course the codex
    thanks once again

Calum