1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Starting new Lizardmen 1000pt army for 8th

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Slothmasta, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Slothmasta
    Skink

Slothmasta New Member

With the new edition, its great to finally have an excuse to start a new army :) I've decided to go with the lizardmen as I love the fluff and models. See below:

Core
    ------------
    23x Saurus Warriors
    - Spears
    - Musician
    - Champion
    - Standard Bearer

10x Skink Skirmishers

Special
    ------------
    1x Stegadon

Rare
    ------------
    1x Salamander Hunting Pack
    - Additional Skink Handler

Characters
    ------------
    1x Saurus Oldblood
    - Golden Seal Sword
    - Light Armour
    - Enchanted Shield

1x Skink Priest
    - Level 2 Wizard
    - Plaque of Tepok

Total
    ------------
    Models in Army: 37
    Total Army Cost: 976

Now that we can go with lords, I've decided to go with the Saurus Oldblood (not to much more then a scar vet) which will go in the Saurus block.

Block of Saurus will run up the middle with the Stegadon as support. Should I add another and make this 5x5? or keep it 6x4?

Skirmishers will be for harassment or should I make this a small Skink block for more javelin shots?

What are people's opinion on the Golden Seal Sword? better then Sword of the Hornet. You'll beat anything in Initiative unless they have ASF.

Salamanders seem a must and love the Stegadon thunderstomp attack (but may be hard to keep him alive with TLOS).

So what do you think? So when i upgrade to 2250, i'll get rid of the oldblood for a slann but starting at the lower levels atm.

2. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

Well, only real comment I have is that your army might be a little too thin if you know what I mean? Taking a Stegadon AND a Lord in just a 1k point army means you will have significantly less troops in comparison to other one thousand point armies.. Just my thoughts on it! I like the basic idea of it though!