1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Stegadon and flame templates

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by markopolo187, Jul 14, 2020.

1. markopolo187
    Jungle Swarm

markopolo187 New Member

Hello, I am playing the 7th edition rules, and was just wondering about flame templates and stegadons. My brother is playing Skaven and will use warp fire throwers on the stegs, and was just wondering if it hits both crew and the stegadon, or does it get distributed like missiles, i/e 1-4 stegadon, 5-6 crew?

I guess it hits both?

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Oof...

I'm not too familiar with the differences between 7th and 8th edition.

8th edition rules state that anything touched by the template is hit, so would depend whether the entire model is covered or just the front section or even just a sliver of the front section.

If the whole model was under, then everyone's hit. Not really a question. If half the model is under, you could roll 1-3 or 4-6 if the howdah crew are hit.

I would defer to logic at that point. If a big fireball erupts over your stegadon, you're doubtless going to be hit, unlike an arrow which may or may not hit you depending on where it lands.

Sorry...

Hopefully some 7th edition expert can chime in, but that's what I know based on 8th edition rules.

Best, LoR