Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Sudsinabucket, Jan 21, 2021.
Good start of the year. This will make for some great creations!
It certainly will
Ok, so! I have some exciting stuff planned for this year, a lot of kitbashes specifically is the goal.
This blog is primarily going to cover Lumineth, Seraphon and my unofficial race the Hathorians (you can check out their growing lore and table top rules in my other blog here & also a story I'm writing for my Lumineth that includes the Hathorians:
https://www.lustria-online.com/threads/ilithia-the-matriachal-wars-an-aos-story.25527/), though some other random things will likely make their way in.
With that said, my first project is a long overdue project for my Original Troglodon, also my third model ever painted: a new base.
There was and is nothing wrong with the original base I had made for him, but i feel he needs something new.
(Old Base now occupied by my original Star Priest:
For his new base I'm going to have him running through old ruins, past a statue of Sotek and into a braken swamp/marsh. I have some cattails from long ago, but I also have some newer plants ive been wanting to use also. The idea is that a few plants are going to be growing out of the statue itself
Excited to show some wip shots as they come!
Thanks for once again coming on tjis adventure with me, hoping 2021 brings some great projects for us all. Happy painting and building everyone!
Here is some progress on his new base so far:
Nice going, mate!
I love the Star Priest on the base as well
The statue will look nice overgrown. The white marks the transition to swamp?
Keep up the good work,
And I will follow it step by step
Me too! It serves as a good photo base for hero units amd maybe for action shots?
Yes indeed! I have some mud (debating light vs dark) that will go around and up to yhe white marks, the Troglodon itself is pushing off from a fallen statue piece
Thanks! Looking forward to sharing more soon!
Making some good progress, though the day has gotten in the way lol
Got some base colors in the swamp down, also have gotten a decent build up in colors on the statue, though not quite there yet. I'm starting to dry fit some plants around the Sotek statue, i really like the tree and how the bushes look surrounding the head so far! Trying to decide how many plants are around in general, still have cattails and such also
More to come!
This looks great so far Suds.
Thanks! Almost to the mud part now I believe I have the statue and such to where I want them
Slight update! Added patterns to the statue and then a aggrax shade over it, though its a statue is looks a bit realistic I think lol not a bad thing, that'd be terrifying to stumble upon. Ive also done a little more work on the rocks ajd fallen statue pieces around the Sotek one, even adding some what would have been paint drawings if the statues were still enact.
Dry fitted the plants and Troglodon to give a better feel of the direction! Now to decide how many extra plants around the rest if the base is needed, I know a few catttails will be in the water area... thoughts?
Let me know what you think!
A better picture, loving the statue
Final WIP post until the base-lift is done for my Original Troglodon!
Got the mud down and added a few plants, once the mud dries ill darken it a bit with dry brushing brown and washes of aggrax Earthshade, darker towards the water likely. I may shorten the cattails before the resin pour, but i do lile how they are covering him a hit as he runs into the marsh, what are your thoughts?
Really excited about finishing this, it's going to be awesome!
I have finished the base-lift for my Original Troglodon! I'm really happy with it and am super pleased I decided to go on with giving him a new base. With him I have also pictured my Female Troglodon (no sail Variant) and fellow Oracle! The statue of Sotek came out super well, and the resin looks great to me!
I really love the feel thats captured of the Troglodon rushing through the tree line into a marsh/swamp!
Hope you all love it as much as I do
It looks so great! They look good together.
Thanks so much man! I absolutely love it very pleased with how it came out
I wanted to share with you all a time lapse of the base making + a slightly zoomed in collage of more zoomed in shots I feel I may have missed 1 or 2 steps as I was excited mid project lol but I think most if not all of the steps are shown in the first collage
This was such a fun base to work on, I have a thought for my next project for this blog, but we shall see
Hope you all are doing well!
Thank you! Glad you like it! Came out so well lol
Got any pics from pouring the resin down?
Looking good as always!!!
P.S. where her majesty these days?! ThunderLizard (couldn’t find a coughing emoji)
Thank you! I appreciate it, it really came together nicely I think
Sadly, no, I didn't even think of it...
Hmm... Ill definitely be doing kore resin in the future, I'll try to remember next time! I basically pour in the middle and then tip the base where I want it to go, using a toothpick to get it into tighter spots.
She sadly had an act of chaos brought against her...one of her platforms was shattered in half, many skinks themselves breaking of body upon the same landscape; even the ancient Engine placed upon the platform breaking free.
Thankfully all clean breaks, so the skinks are working to repair the damage to Tlanextic's howdah. Thankfully no damage to Tlanextic herself.
(Real world reason: GF accidentally knocked into the thunder lizard and knocked a dry fitted platform off)