1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Suds 2021 Catch Up Blog!

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Sudsinabucket, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

That gems looks great, really nice gradient! Maybe the horns and hooves could be a gray blue, it would contrast nicely with the orange of the model

Sudsinabucket likes this.
  2. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

I really love the grey blue idea, gonna go with it and see how it turns out!

Thank you! Means a lot, trying to up my by hand gem work, still working on it a bit

Lizards of Renown and Tyranitar like this.
  3. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Final kitbash for my Hathorian Mountain Guardians is nearly done. Now they all just need tails, fur and rules! 20210715_224130.jpg 20210715_225821.jpg

4. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Hammer-time!

He looks like a beast, great kitbash!!
    Together they look even more amazing. I so wish to see a battle report (one day) featuring a full Hathorian army :woot:

Grrr, Imrahil

5. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Love this. Nice work Suds!

6. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thanks! Been sitting on this final design for awhile just... per usual, got side tracked lol but here we are. There is a lot of greenstuff to be done on all of them for sure though, looking forward to seeing them as true Hathorians!

You might get that wish sooner than later, or sorta, depending. For Animosity III someone is teaching me how to play 3.0, and we're trying to figure out how to get my Hathorians in. Were gonna shrink down Spirit of the Mountains to 50mm base sized to act as these 3. Im not familiar with TTS so not sure how it'll all be done, but we're gonna try. My list however is a hybrid of Lumineth & Hathorians.

However, this full unit does put me one step closer to a full army. Complete units so far:

Haset (Hero)
    High Warchief Helaku (Hero, Previously named Parvat’Shakti)
    Living Mountain Shrine (Monster/Behemoth)

WIPs:

Mountain Guardians
    Highland Hunters

Ideas:

New Monster using Ghorgon, Thunder Tusk & Kragnos base bits

Mountain Bear Cav

Giant ballista (which ive shared before, pulled by two bears, on a 160mm base...lol oof)

Imrahil and Lizards of Renown like this.
  7. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thank you! Im super excited to get the fur going. But need to order more greenstuff lol

I also need to chop the feet off the back two and add their hooves, atm they have bullgor feet, and that simply won't do.

Im excited to finally have a full unit!

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  8. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Wip of their warscroll, going to rework Tectonic Fissure a bit.

Any C&C welcome, priced at 170 pts for 3 IMG_20210716_111041_476.jpg

9. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Nice to see you getting back to your Warhammer Tauren, though I have some pointers:
    • Your rules for the Ilumidian hammer allow it to target all enemy models within 2” of it, but you’ve stated the range in its profile as 3”. I suspect you must have pinched this from the Kroxigor Moon Hammer Rules but forgot to update it to the Ilumidian hammer’s improved range.
    • You’ve forgotten to add all the keywords in at the bottom.
    Also, once you’ve completed your Second Edition Rules for all the units in the roster, will we see a Third Edition update for these chaps? I’ll be working on one for the Imperishables in the near future...

10. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

I did indeed! The warscroll is a hybrid of Kroxigor, Bullgor and a little bit of creative juice.

I am indeed going to update them all, though I'm honestly not 100% sure what that looks like. How do you know what to update? I'm wanting to do a full 3.0 revamp on all of, i guess starting with this one haha. I still need to go through the new core book, so im sure that'll shed some light.

My Highland Hunters are going to be based off Mournfang riders

Cant believe I forgot all the keywords lol

11. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Here is the updated Warscroll for the Mountain Guardians

C&C welcome and encouraged MountainGuardianWarscroll1.jpg

12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I’m not going to update my rules for the Imperishables for a while (in part because despite saying I was going to do some playtesting with them I haven’t yet :oops:) but I’ve already got some initial ideas just from reading the Core Rules PDF, including changing all the ‘whenever a unit suffers a wound or mortal wound, roll a dice...’ nonsense to Ward Saves (as they are a thing again now :joyful:) and taking advantage of the new Priest rules for Mortuary Priests and Necrotects.

Sudsinabucket and Imrahil like this.
  13. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

In slowly reading through the rules, and I'll have to change Haset, Living Mountain Shrine, and High Warchief Helaku (Previously Parvat’Shakti) Im sure. Im not sure what I'll have to change or how I'll know, but there are people who are willing to help if I ask, definitely thankful for that.

Im considering trying to figure out how to import/make a Hathorian mod for TTS, import my warscrolls and either have it be strictly Hathorian Faction or an add-on to Lumineth... or both. That way I can maybe play test them a bit easier against people I know and who are willing!

I'm still building my roster, so that's oartly why the new warscroll lol

Your updated faction will be awesome

14. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Final* warscroll for the Mountain Guardians! Mainly just the change to Tectonic fissure again. I think they'll bring some pain but nit overpowered, ill have to test it IMG_20210717_123233_446.jpg

*Until there is another

15. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

200000% going to get this for my Hathorians, Hyshian Condor, i dunno, but this model is too cool to notnhave at least just to collect

But definitely being turned into a ubit for my Hathorians, can't wait to eventually get it Screenshot_20210719-120539_Facebook.jpg

16. Imrahil
    Slann

It is an amazing model for sure.
    It almost wins me over to go for AoS 3.0:rolleyes:

Grrr, Imrahil

17. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Do it

Imrahil likes this.
  18. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Been feeling pretty crap all day, but found some energy to work on a kitbash idea ive had for awhile (yes, I know, I should paint more and stop building). Undecided if itll be a Hathorian thing (My original idea for him is that he was an ancient foe of Haset who she locked away in Haixiah long ago. Every once in awhile she will unlessh him against her foes, using an ancient ritual to bind him to her will) or a BoC (Ghorgon) unit if i ever get into them

The idea is to transform it into a Whooly Mammoth guy, so lots of greenstuff ahead, also two more weapons to come possibly 20210719_181624.jpg 20210719_181612.jpg 20210719_181640.jpg

19. Imrahil
    Slann

Wow, massively monsterous!!!

The atonomy is slightly off, but I think the whooly greenstuff will hide a good part of that.
    I like the lore a lot.

Keep on building greatness :)

Grrr, Imrahil

20. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

That's awesome! It reminds me of the monsters from a faction in Warmahordes, I can't remember what it was called tho. They had a bunch of elephant beasts with huge tusks and 4 arms