1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Suds 2021 Catch Up Blog!

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Sudsinabucket, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

She looks better and better every time :wideyed:
    I like how the colora match.
    Do the symbols on the shields represent something particulary?

I wonder what the Skinks will look like ;)

Grrr, Imrahil

2. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

Ok! Now that im a little more away, wanted to shsre a bit more of what I did!

Ok, obvious big thing: added more quartz in, specifically onto the large icons ontop of the wooden poles. Same recipe as before (white scar, Xereus purple, and Lilac), however looks less...blended? So may go over it again with a bit more wet approach.... but we'll see.

Another bug partnis the adding of the jade shields, with their symbol of Tepok on there.. with 3 mystery orbs floating above it. Colors for this were: Caliban Green, Sybarite Green, Gauss Blaster Green, and Coelia Greenshade. Used Sybarite Green and Gauss Blaster Green as the "veins" of the jade and then used a bit of Xereus Purple and Lilac to make the symbol; at times covering up the jade veins.

Ontop of that, i also started the metal bits/icons that rest on the cloth bits inbetween the metal poles. Im still debating fully what to do with them, but thinking making the symbol a purple with the back drop staying Ferisian grey.

All in all, really coming together... hoping to be done in the next couple of days, but definitely not rushing it (or trying not too! I have to sometimes step away ir i just antzy about a project and start to rush said project, trying to fix this behavior)

Inwas wondering if anyone would ask about the symbols ;)!

In my head tue symbols represent Tepok (Purple line/Cresent) while the three dots represent the Serepnt gods: Tepok, Metzlitlaco, and Sotek. My Seraphon hold them all in high regard, with Metzlitlaco and Tepok being more important than Sotek.

As for the skinks... not 100% decided, but was leaning towards same color as the Stegadon itself, with the priest/Slann being either colors of Tepok or colors of Metzlitlaco

3. Imrahil
    Slann

Great stuff. I like the Jade on the shields, ties in the Tepok statue on top.
    Nice touch on the symbols!

The Skink will look great in that same colorscheme and will complement the whole model I think.

Keep up the good work and keep the rushing at bay;)

Grrr, Imrahil

4. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thank you! Im pretty happy with the jade shields, though the veins seem a little thick maybe, so I may revisit them.

The skinks will definitely look awesome, I may try to kitbash the priest a little!

LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  5. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Another update while I take a break :)

Been doing lots of highlights, triangles and more highlights lol

Using Wild Rider Red I edge highlighted the wood frames and poles, adding to the redwood feel.

For the triangles going with Xereus Purple & Sybarite Green, may do minor highlights.

More silver for the metal bits :)

Almost done (I think) with the back half, really excited! 20210208_194628.jpg 20210208_194704.jpg 20210208_194739.jpg 20210208_194854.jpg 20210208_194854.jpg 20210208_194932.jpg 20210208_195001.jpg 20210208_195030.jpg

6. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Now with the Stegadon, because why not?

Im really itching to get back to work on the engine itself, but I told myself Id finish the howdah first... almost there. I think.

Need to figure out the base, at the moment I have no clue...

C&C welcome :) 20210208_230458.jpg 20210208_230624.jpg 20210208_230711.jpg 20210208_230942.jpg 20210208_231051.jpg

7. Imrahil
    Slann

LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  8. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

LizardWizard, Lizerd and Imrahil like this.
  9. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Good Morning everyone! I hope you all are doing well today!

got an update on my Engine of Tepok :) I've been working a lot to practice my highlighting on this, really pushing myself to do more than I've ever done on a model in that respect, also working on jade and quartz work. I think overall I have done pretty well in these goals, although there is room for improvement no doubt.

I got some pretty good work done on my Engine of Tepok last night, I was finally able to start the Engine itself again! Although I already had the Jade statue of Tepok done, I was able to work on the arch itself. For the arch, I'm going for an ancient stone vibe, the idea that it's stone from Lustria itself that's infused with ancient power, more so than some other Engines.

For the arch, I did edge highlights in Russ Grey ontop of the original Apothocary White I did, and for the connection/support points I went with Jade and then the flame coming out of the Coatl's mouth a quartz purple again; which I think came out really well.

I am considering putting a glaze over the quartz areas, however, it does make me a bit nervous to do so lol So we will see if I go through with that.

All in all, I'm getting closer to being able to do the skink crew (plus maybe Slann?) and then the base! I also have some focus to reapply to my other Stegadon, now that this one is at the same point (or possibly closer to completion now) as my custom one you can expect to see the Crested-Stegadon soon!

I hope you all have been enjoying this project, its been an absolute blase for me :)

Any C&C is welcome :)

20210212_220040.jpg 20210212_220114.jpg 20210212_220209.jpg 20210212_220250.jpg 20210212_220333.jpg 20210212_220409.jpg 20210212_220510.jpg 20210212_233444.jpg

10. Imrahil
    Slann

She is looking great. Better each time you show here off ;)

I really like the Jade 'connection' stones with the tiny quartz elements :artist::artist: it looks very difficult to achieve...

Keep up the good work

Grrr, Imrahil

LizardWizard and Sudsinabucket like this.
  11. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

The Engine of Tepok

I wish LO allowed video files

For dramatic effect I wanted to share a representation of Tepok behind the Engine itself
    20210214_091708.jpg 20210214_084715.jpg 20210214_084727.jpg 20210214_084737.jpg

12. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thanks man :) I'm very pleased with her, but at the same time will be happy when shes done lol

The jade and quartz arnt super difficult, ill share my steps in a later post when I have time :)

Still debating if I color in some symbols

13. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Suds, you could make a YouTube channel for yourself and then link into here.

That's what I did with the videos that I wanted to share with everyone and you could do it with fly-through recordings of your artwork!

14. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Oh, I have an IG i usually link to, just wish i could I donit directly to LO. I do actually have a YouTube channel too, but i haven't used it in years lol been fiddling with the idea of tutorials, but I don't have a great spot to make videos.

What are fly-throughs? Like a slideshow?

15. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

You know, the camera is "flying around" the building or art piece or whatever, showing all the sides and angle of it, yours would look amazing with that! :D

16. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Yeah! I want to get one of those rotating cake plates! I also really need a different backdrop for my lightbox, too much of a glare. Need a fabric I think

17. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Hey all!

As I plan the base for my Engine of Tepok, likely a diorama and a game base, I have begun slowly working on bits of my Thunder Lizard again, starting with the Chest Armor/Necklace and the Skink Priests throne. For these im going for a basic Gold & Stone look, so far I have just Retribution Armor over mechanicus grey with a wash of Space Wolves Grey followed by a light dry brush if Ret. Armor again.

I also took a video which shows Tlanextic (her name) much better than ever before, in all her glory and imperfections. Down below is a link to my Instagram where the video is, hope you like it. Would love any feedback!

Updates on both Stegadons and Thunder Lizard stuff coming up, along with some Hathorian stuff in the coming month!

Happy Hobbying everyone :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLVEA9KH5Vq/?igshid=h57p914wsupr

20210215_162019.jpg IMG_20210215_170858_659.jpg IMG_20210215_170858_675.jpg

EFHILT 167, LizardWizard and Imrahil like this.
  18. Imrahil
    Slann

Yeey, Tlanextic gets her Bling!

I like the cold look of the gold a lot. Great recipe!
    I will likely try it some day, need to find the right models for it.

Grrr, Imrahil

LizardWizard and Sudsinabucket like this.
  19. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Yeah she does! Really excited shes wearing it now lol i honestly dont want to do much else to the neck part, I like the cold gold (as you put it) a lot as is. I may add some color to some symbols, but we'll see.

Definitely try it if you like it, i was wondering how it'd be with other golds... I'll have to experiment some

I need to fix the Astrolitth Banner Inhad made for her, and then finish painting it.
    20210215_215115.jpg

20. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

So, exciting news on two fronts!

First, i guess leas exciting, is I hadded a small dry brushing of Balthazar Gold to the "Bling" for Tlanextic, i think it adds a nice depth to it, still debating if I do gems or not.

The second piece of exciting news, and arguable much more so...

Someone is sending me a bunch of Seraphon bits for Tlanextic! Carno crests, spare stegadon stuff (Armor Crest and Engines), trog reins and other random stuff! Man, i am so excited!! Ill likely be able to finish/start the tail armor and other stuff! Very exciting indeed, so pumped!
    20210217_121437.jpg