1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Suds 2021 Catch Up Blog!

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Sudsinabucket, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

Love the colors! They transitioned very nicely to the seeker model, they even have a similar physicality. Nice work!

Sudsinabucket likes this.
  2. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

... never knew you actually sleep ;)

What anice way to start the day!
    Congratulations on your spawning day brother.
    Enjoy it with your loved one

Grrr, Imrahil

3. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

Thank you! It was such a fun day, she really made it everything i could have hoped for, and then some. Simply an incredible day.

P.S. - Wouldn't surprise me if she was a Keeper, she is a temptress!

4. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thank you!

Ha! They are very special and go that extra 50 miles, she really just made yesterday incredibly special, today is Birthday #2 according to her lol so we're starting again! Today is focused on Hobby and Games... gonna paint, write, map build and play the switch all day. Gonna be great

Lizards of Renown and Imrahil like this.
  5. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Wouldn't surprise me if she was a Keeper of Slaanesh tbh, she knows how to Tempt, shes gorgeous, and smart as hell!

Lol but yesz she really outdid herself and just made yesterday amazing

6. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thanks! That one really turned out super well, really need to get cracking on this next one before The Lumineth reach me!

Really love the pinks on it specifically, and the green... just all blends together real well. The armor also, with the purple hued silver.

7. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Lol, sometimes I do... sometimes ;)

It was a very nice day, such fun! The festivities continue today! Today is a Hobby & Games oriented Day, so hoping to do some painting, writing, map building and hopefully some Switch games also :) just been a really good 24+ hours, meant a lot how much she put into it

Thanks!

8. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Every miniature I own has huge enormous hands. The same is true for all of the 28ish mm ones in your collection.

They are bigger to look like they could grasp the hafts of staves and various weapons. Those are also enormous compared to reality, 1:1 scale thickness.

Cylinders have to be a minimum thickness to be cast-able.

Sudsinabucket, Imrahil and Nazqua like this.
  9. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Hey all!

Been working on a map, haven't painted in probably, a week? Really enjoying my map drawing though, real relaxful!

The map is for my Lumineth, taking place in The Great Nation of Ilithia with Syar across the sea.

Still a lot to do on it, but the Ilithian side is coming along rather nicely I think! Lots of Highlands, mountains, and with rivers leading from the far north into a lowlands/flood plains area in the south.

The Syar side isn't as filled out, but the coast consists of coastal plains backing up to mountains, on the otherside of the mountains is a red painted desert.

Slowly coming along, excited to eventually go over it all with pen so it stands out even more

C&C always welcome IMG_20210329_114803_915.jpg

10. Imrahil
    Slann

It looks very nice :)

I am not that invested in the lore or realm of the Lumineth. So, is there any rivalry between the different parts of the realm? Or is Syar the place where chaos reigns?

Or did you just make that part up:eek::p

Grrr, Imrahil

11. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thanks! Itll look better when traced in pen I think, but definitely happy with it so far

So! Ilithia & Syar are both Great Nations of the Lumineth, there are 10 in total, They border each other (pictured below)

My map takes place during the Spirefall (age of chaos), which was a huge civil war scross Hysh which allowed Slaanesh and other chaos to enter the realm. My map takes place during this as its a map for a story ik writing, in this case.. yes, Syar and Ilithia (at least my region) are at war with each other while also fighting chaos.

This is also where my Hathorians come in, as they are allies with my Ilithian Warhold (warhost = armies outside of Hysh, Warhold = Armies in Hysh, I believe... ill have to second check that).

My lore, atm, focuses more on Hysh itself and not Teclis and his Vanguard/other Lumineth Warhosts going out into the other realms... yet.

If you recall, my Lustrare River Valley had mentions of Lumineth in the southern region (if not, you now know!).... these are the same Lumineth, just hundreds or whatever years earlier!

Also working on the background for my Lumineth a bit which ill share later, when its more along.
    20210329_054202.jpg

12. Imrahil
    Slann

Thanks for clarifying!

Great background and set up. Love the map you drew.

Grrr, Imrahil

13. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

I have begun my Thunder Lizards Sotek Engines, going for a redwood feel (pretty common in my models, Birch being the other wood commonly used) these will be placed under the side platforms of the howdah; Adding protection against those enemies that would try to run under the rain of darts and javalins from skinks above: 20210331_013235.jpg

So far only a base of my redwood paint and a wash if Reikland Fleshshade have been applied, kind of late so not doing much else for now. Thinking Sotek Green + Orange markings however, I think itll look nice with everything around it.

I also primed a few other things, primarily for decorating purposes for the finished support beams under the side platforms. Also the skink alpha that will likely be riding the top of the Thunder Lizards head, which i may make reins for, maybe.
    20210330_202451.jpg

The most interesting, and new addition, is the empire solider that will be dangling from the side of the Thunder Lizard, a grim warning to trespassers:
    20210330_174147.jpg

All in all I think some cool stuff is coming! Also have Skystreak Bows to still do, 3 of them now! 2 facing forward with 1 in the back :)

14. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

I have finished my first Blissbarb Seeker! Such a fun model to paint (the mount specifically) and really excited to start the next one.

Such a fun color scheme, as Seekers are venomous/poisonous creatures the bright colors really play well to that. Ibreally love how the green really bridges the rest of the colors together, the pink markings came out real well against it too. As Slaanesh is all about purple I did try to incorporate that a lot into the armor bits.

Overall I'm super happy with it, though I may still fiddle with the skin of the High Tempter a bit.

The next one seems to uave feathers/hair instead of membrane, so that's really exciting I think! 20210321_133650.jpg 20210321_133718.jpg 20210321_133742.jpg 20210321_133809.jpg 20210321_133832.jpg 20210321_133905.jpg 20210321_133929.jpg 20210321_134001.jpg 20210321_134022.jpg

15. Imrahil
    Slann

Lovely done. At first I wasn't sure about the silver-ish shields, but with the purple outlines it works great!
    The purple also makes the greens of the mount stand out more.

A full unit of these(not sure how much models that is) would look amazing.

Grrr, Imrahil

16. Gauntlet
    Cold One

Gauntlet Well-Known Member

Very well done, really loving the rider's crest and the line work you did there. The colors all work, in a very, very weird way.

17. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Messing around with my Teclis base again, primarily with the fallen banner + broken Phoenix statue in the middle before doing some greenstuff work

What do you all think of the idea in general, and do you prefer pic 1 or pic 2, neither? Pic 1 the Phoenix statue is leaning back, while pic 2 has the Phoenix statue more erect 20210407_123203.jpg IMG_20210407_124245_871.jpg

Imrahil and Lizards of Renown like this.
  18. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

There are 5 in a unit, I have the second mount primed actually, just need to sit down and get to it at some point! I think they're gonna look so amazing as a unit if i can get it done lol

Thank you :D I was unsure of the silver until i added the Druchii Purple over it, that purple hue to the silver is just stunning to me, just so subtle but just enough! Definitely love how the greens, purple and pinks play with each other.

One of my favorite pieces I think

19. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thanks man! The crest definitely came out pretty well, had to redo a few spots lol

The colors definitely, agreed, work well but weirdly lol inspired by Hummingbirds, Nature has some awesome color combos, though weird at times lol

20. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

I love your creativity on the kitbashing/sculpting Suds. This one looks like it's going to be awesome!

Sudsinabucket and Imrahil like this.