1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Suds Painting & Kitbashes of 2020

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Sudsinabucket, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Getting out of Line of Sight might be a pain in the ass for this Guy :hilarious:

I like the Skink very much. I'm not totally on board with the crossover between spear and banner. Both look great on him, but together I am just not feeling it.

Curious about the colorscheme for this one

Grrr, Imarhil

Warden and Lizards of Renown like this.
  2. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

Understandable, the Spear-Staff is a favorite of mine (the whole model is) but im having a problem with deciding between keeping the circle part on or just having it as a spear. Will probably keep it as a Hybrid weapon of sorts but i definitely debating it..always debating lol

As for LOS it is very likely that he will not actually wind up on the Koatl but may wait until I build a custom kitbashed Coatl (Troglodon head may work for that...might fiddle with greenstuff one day). How tall are the Slann and Seer Palanquins?

As for color scheme? No clue...something...shall think on it. My original thought was the skinks body being a burgandy, thats as far as I've gotten

Imrahil, Warden and Lizards of Renown like this.
  3. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Great looking coatl!

4. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thank you! I still need to do the two small wings for the back lol been super lazy on that

5. Cho'qomel
    Saurus

Cho'qomel Active Member

Great stuff, I'm glad to see yor carnosaur back in shape ;) The Coatl Priest is a great conversion too, the Fireslayer parts work really well!

Imrahil and Lizards of Renown like this.
  6. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thank you! Yeah, Mozzie (the cat) definitely did some damage with his Charge Shelf ability, but she's all healed up!

I really love the Coatl Priest, I even have a few variations of rules for him ;):) Very excited to get him painted up!

This is the Gargantuan variant for gameplay :)

Che'ako variant with Koatl (Gargantuan): 40 dp

Skink 4 dp

Staff Mace - 2 dp

Prayer 0 dp
    Ward 3 dp
    Regenerate 3dp
    Arch-Priest 3dp

Gargatuan mount 15 dp
    Winged Beast 4 dp
    Breath Attack 4 dp
    Savage Ferocity 1 dp x 2

I may change a few things to make the mounts attacks stronger but I like the general feel of the rules so far. I do however need to edit a few things like change "Claw" and "Maw" to "Wings" and "Fangs"

Edit: Have an updated version of this as I realized I messed a few things up that I'll post soon, I have also begun working on the Thunder Lizard rules by loosely using the custom hero system

Cheako_Gargantuan.jpg

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  7. Cho'qomel
    Saurus

Cho'qomel Active Member

But who could be angry with those little fluffies? I'm very glad that Ringo (my cat) hasn't learned that ability yet! :D I do hope he'll never have enough xp to catch up on that.
    Nice work with the rules, I certainly do like the ability to create characters of your own.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  8. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Being able to create custom characters I think is amazing! It brings such a personal touch to the game that I feel many people want. It's a lot of fun to play around with, thanks!

Cho'qomel and Lizards of Renown like this.
  9. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

So I help run the Realms of Warhammer! Page on Facebook and I also help run a painting competition on there. Well, this month ends on the 28th and here we are haha

This months theme is "Rivals" and its all about two rivals of war meeting on the battlefield! Each painter has too paint two models, any warhammer modelsm I picked the Sunblood and the Runesmiter!

The Sunblood is going really well, picked a earthy scheme and its turning out great I think. The shield is a blueish purple obsidian slab surrounded by bone.

Stay tuned for the Runesmiter, it will be my first non Seraphon model ever!

C&C always welcome!
    20200721_224721.jpg 20200721_224742.jpg 20200721_224759.jpg 20200721_224814.jpg 20200721_224836.jpg 20200720_205303.jpg

Dragvindel, Cho'qomel, Warden and 3 others like this.
  10. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

From my own personal lore this is a warscroll for what I call a Quetzeldon for the Seraphon.

*Mostly found in Ghur, though some have found their way to Ghyran, these dragon sized relatives of Ripperdactyls are savage, intelligent and have an insatiable hunger, especially for Orruks. Their natural apex rival is the Mawcrusha, where the Mawcrusha has pure brute strength the Quetzeldon has agility, tactical thinking and speed.*

I've always wanted Seraphon to have a Dragon Sized flier to here is my answer for it. Placed on a 170mm oval base, this Hero/Unit is supposed to be a semi counterpart to the Stardrake. I am using the Lost Kingdom Miniatures Flier hero model for this project.

I've made two variations: one at 36 dp with 5+ save and a 38 dp version with 4+ save.
    20200722_185910.jpg received_631130144200659.jpeg received_207418973987270.jpeg

Dragvindel, Cho'qomel, Warden and 4 others like this.
  11. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Work in Progress on my Runesmiter!

This is my first non Seraphon model ever and man its weird not painting scales!

For my Fireslayers I picture them from Ghyran and I call them "Forestslayers". Bark colored skin ranging in colors (and rough like it too!) with leaf green hair these Fyreslayers have embraced life in the Realm of Alarielle. With age their skin generally starts to turn darker and harder more like an aged tree.

My Runesmiter wields his axe with the handle made of hardened birch, the blade and coal holder made of stone. Unlike other Lodges my lodge wears copper armor as well, giving a more rustic/earthy feel.

Im very happy and proud with the hair as I practice my wet blending :)

C&C welcome!

20200723_234732.jpg 20200723_234743.jpg 20200723_234754.jpg 20200723_234815.jpg 20200723_234809.jpg

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    Dragvindel, Cho'qomel, Warden and 3 others like this.
  12. Imrahil
    Slann

Interesting to see a non Orange Fyreslayer :p

I like the Green Hair and the flame, you did a great job there.:artist:
    About the skin and copper, at the 'moment' they look a bit to similar in earthy tones. I like to see what you will do for waah and possibly highlights(to make a little more distinction)

Keep up the good work

Grrr, Imrahil

Cho'qomel and Warden like this.
  13. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thank you! Haha, yeah well, you know me! Always have to do something different :p

I am SUPER proud of the hair lol been practicing my wet blending and I think it's showing here especially. The flame is good but needs some love, the nuln oil dulled it a bit.

As for thr armor vs skin tone...agreed. will figure that out, may add some slightly red highlights to the skin...we will see, what would you suggest?

Also I lied, these pictures do have washed on them (1 layer of wash each):

Armor: Carroburg Crimson
    Axe Handle: Nuln
    Axe Blade: Nuln + Agrax
    Smoke: Nuln
    Hair: Bottom half Ceolia Greenshade, Top Half Tan-Biel Green
    Cloak: Tan-Biel Green
    Gold: Reikland Fleshshade

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    Cho'qomel, Warden and Imrahil like this.
  14. Imrahil
    Slann

If you go towards Red with the skin I should go lighter with the Bronze. It looks like you used Balthasar Gold for the bronze, if i am correct. Then I usually highlight with Sycorax Bronze.
    But I am not sure how this pears with your wash of Carroburg Crimson.

Grrr, Imrahil

Cho'qomel and Warden like this.
  15. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

The bronze is actually Screaming Bell, I do love Balthazar Gold though! Recently just bought both, using Balthazar on my kitbashed Skink guy

Ill have to look into Sycorax Bronze

Cho'qomel, Warden and Imrahil like this.
  16. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Pretty happy with these :) aside from some minor adjustments/touch ups I think they're at a good place to start basing! Tried to make them both look abit aged and rugged, like they've seen long years of war.

And then to start the next project :)

Whatcha think?

(As I type this I just realized I havnt done the Sunbloods teeth yet...fml)
    20200724_180025.jpg 20200724_180051.jpg 20200724_180110.jpg 20200724_180129.jpg 20200724_180145.jpg

17. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Excellent looking dwarf, and also very curious about when you will paint this one up :eek:

18. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thank you! Very pleased with it as my first non-Serapon model for sure!

This is what Im thinking but with some small changes for the Quetzeldon...

20200724_222904.jpg 20200724_222926.jpg Screenshot_20200722-120035_Google.jpg

19. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Hey Suds, what about using for inspiration the big flying beastie from Avatar?

You know, the REALLY big one that he manages to bond with.

It looks like a Ripperdactyl who won the Mr Cosmos competition.

Cho'qomel likes this.
  20. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Funny enough, I was gonna watch Avatar today for inspiration lol I thought about him last night right as I was sleeping lol Screenshot_20200725-092356_Google.jpg