1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Suds Painting & Kitbashes of 2020

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Sudsinabucket, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

So, some new additions to Tlanextic's armor and offensive and defensive capabilities!

I have built both of my Skystreak Bows, however I only had 1 original topper since I used the other to create her headdress...so I got creative and made two unique tops so theyd match! Cut up the flags from the SC box and boom, looking amazing I think.

The Chest armor is the Stegadon head thingy with both the Troglodon and Carnosaur reins connected to it, looks really good on her but waiting for it to dry fully. I had to glue and fit as I did it around her neck to make sure the positioning was correct, that was a bit nerve wracking lol

Making some good progress, need to go bacl and finish up the howdahs and do some touch ups but i was in a building mood so got these done :)
    20200426_185242.jpg 20200426_185251.jpg 20200426_185941.jpg 20200426_191332.jpg

2. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

I know, I know...so many poats in one day, I apologize! Just wanted to share one last thing and then will *try* to keep my posting finger at bay for a few days *sweats*

I put a small chain at the end of each carno rein to close the loop and it fits perfectly now around her shoulders/neck and over her chest.

The Skystreak Bows are not where Im likely to place them, but they do look really good where they are at, but might make the middle platform a bit crowded. Still fiddling with placements and also some leveling issues with the central howdah platform.

Hoping to prime these new pieces this week and get to painting them!

Suds out!
    20200426_213445.jpg 20200426_213453.jpg 20200426_213619.jpg 20200426_220308.jpg

3. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Ok I lied, one more because better shots...and a lightbix of sorts that actuslky fits her! Yay no more kitchen table backdrop!
    20200426_223956.jpg 20200426_224007.jpg 20200426_224013.jpg 20200426_224018.jpg 20200426_225007.jpg 20200426_225012.jpg

4. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

I love the way she looks tonight ;)

Really nice fitting chest armour. Good use of 'spare' parts.
    The bows make it quite crowdy I presume, also they end up very low for Skinks on the main howdah to operate it easily.

I love your working pace
    Keep up the work

Grrr, Imrahil

Sudsinabucket likes this.
  5. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

Man she’s looking better everypost!!! Hehhe

I would have to agree with Imrahil, I like the chest piece nice use of spare parts for sure!!

As for the bows!! I sure wouldn’t wanna be on the lower howdah having those arrows wip by lol, it also limit its range hehehe can’t shoot strait down or anything at close range I would think. I think on the lower howdah they’d look better, I mean they look great where there at but not functional and that catwalk is almost useless now hehehe poor little skinks!!! There's actually probably enough room for skinks to walk under it still lol.

Perhaps that’s where they store it for long route until they see some enemy by and then drop them to the lower howdah... they need room to dance after all!!!

And don’t worry I don’t think anyone will mind you posting multiple post in a row!!

Sudsinabucket and Imrahil like this.
  6. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Shes dressed to impress ;)

And yeah, about the bows... is an issue atm, may move them down to the side of the lower platforms like I originally planned for a more appropriate height...undecided or move them up so their higher up where they are.

I think its gonna be a little crowded no matter where they go, so definitely need to pick the right apot for sure!

Thanks, I appreciate it! Going to prime today I think...still NO idea how im gonna paint some of this stuff lol

Lizards of Renown and Imrahil like this.
  7. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thanks! Im super excited about the chest armor lol maybe more than I should be haha

It is very highly possible ill be moving them down for sure for multiple reasons as mentioned in my reply below, but they surprisingly look better than I thought up above...but yes, close ranged targeting would be pretty horrid where they are atm. Ill get a picture where id put them on the side in a bit...they dry fit so well up top lol have to hold them in place on the sides which for pictures sucks lol
    Love this idea and makes total sense! Their view point from so fsr up would definitely allow them to spot a foe from long distances, not to mention if Terradon scouts were around
    Fair enough lol Thanks man!

8. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

Blue tack should hold it in place for a picture!!

Honestly like you had them wouldn’t be too bad one of each side facing sideway or facing the front but I’m not sure they would mount that well facing forward!!

Sudsinabucket and Imrahil like this.
  9. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Definitely need some blue tac, and many other toolz ive been holding out on getting

10. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Quick mock up drawing of what Im thinking for the TL base...the base might be too small for what I have planned but we shall see what i can work in.

May need to have her pushed up the base a tad, have her walking out of the river, or have her going top to bottom and not length wise on the base as pictured. May also not have her magnetized like I had been planning.

If I dont end up magnitizing her, i will make this gaming base fit into the larger diorama I am planning

Ive ordered a good amoint of terrain stuff that will mostly arrive early/mid may...one thing will arrive in june, sadly.

The idea is to make a Ghur landscape, which to me is a grand canyon meets african savanna.

Below are the things I've bought, not pictured is the light brown mud I also bought from Vallejo. Planning to use styrofoam for the hills/overall base that I have left over and readily available

What do you all think? Any thoughts, suggestions, etc?
    IMG_20200429_134044_814.jpg 20200425_214755.jpg 20200429_014031.jpg 20200429_014042.jpg 20200429_014056.jpg 20200429_014108.jpg

11. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

It has begun! Starting on the EOTGs

Going for a stone encasing obsidian theme, stone on the outside obsidian on the inside. Gonna paint up the symbols different colors, the heads in the scheme of salamanders and certain areas in gold :) shall see how it turns out!

Stay tuned 20200502_115822.jpg

12. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Been a little bit since I posted, so figured Id share what I just started last night!

I have almost all of my terrain stuff in so before working on the Thunder Lizard base I figured Id try out the Vallejo mud I bought on a smaller base/diorama I am working on. The mud is great, gives the perfect sandy feel for the base color im looking for, eventually trying to mimic the Red Sands and rocks of the Arizona desert and the lushness of this African Canyon in some form.

The idea is ultimately a small creek emptying into a small oasis of sorts in Ghur. IMG_20200514_014719_303.jpg 20200514_103531.jpg Screenshot_20200510-150948_Google.jpg Screenshot_20200510-150928_Google.jpg

13. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Finished minus a resin pour :)

Soon to start on the Oldblood!

C&C welcomed and encouraged 20200514_191340.jpg 20200514_191345.jpg 20200514_191414.jpg 20200514_192258.jpg 20200514_192308.jpg

14. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

You’re gonna need more then a single skink handler to handle the ThunderLizard!! Hehehehe

That base is looking good so far!!

Nazqua, Imrahil and Sudsinabucket like this.
  15. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Lol theres three there, but yeah, thankfully the Priest controls her haha

Sorey I havnt gotten back about the rules you sent me, been busy and such, ill get to em by monday though!

16. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

A year ago today I started this hobby adventure, at that time I had no idea what I was doing, but I took the plunge head on. I got into it for a few reasons but the top two were because of Total War: Warhammer and the other was wanting to get back in touch with my creative side, a big reason for that is because of my talented girlfriend who loves doing artisty crafts and such. Fast forward a year later now and I can safely say the hobby is my own and I've definitely come a very long way since opening that first box from my local Warhammer Store.

This adventure has definitely helped me through some rough times, namely my nerve damage episode last year where I was on medical for 7 montha due to almost constant level 10 pain even with morphine. This community is wonderful and truly inspiring, but most of all just so friendly and I just want to say thank you for that. Thank you for all the encouragement, support, tips and friendships Ive developed over these past 365 days.

Looking forward to hopefully another year I wanted to start it off right, today just like a year ago I will start the first model I ever painted: The Saurus Oldblood on Foot. A few changes to this one but overall the same model. Different chest plate, different weapon arm and crest. Ive been waiting for this moment for awhile now and I cant wait to finish and share the "Then & Now" pictures to see and show how far I've come in a year.

Im really excited for some upcoming projects I have planned, so stay tuned!

I still have a lot to learn when it comes to painting, but with such a great community and friends within it I have no doubt Ill keep improving and above all else having fun❤

20200513_194132.jpg IMG_20200516_103349_310.jpg 20190517_230949.jpg IMG_20200516_103349_309.jpg

17. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

Are those salt and pepper Dino?

In the 3rd picture

Nazqua likes this.
  18. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

F yeah dude!

Imrahil, Egres and Nazqua like this.
  19. Imrahil
    Slann

Greatfull to be a part of this last year hobby-wise. I enjoy your creations and your creativity even more.

This inspires me also to keep thinking outside the box.

Good luck and much joy on painting this Special Scar-Veteran ;)

Grrr, Imrahil

Sudsinabucket and Nazqua like this.
  20. Imrahil
    Slann

I also saw this one on the Facebook page. I had the same concern about the size of the tree, but agree with your response ;)

Only thing to add is the structure difference between the bottom of the pool and the bottom of the river. I don't know how much difference will show be after the resin is on it....

Grrr, Imrahil

Sudsinabucket and Nazqua like this.