1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Suds Painting & Kitbashes of 2020

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Sudsinabucket, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Wow, what a beasty!!!

Grrr, Imrahil

Sudsinabucket likes this.
  2. Ryanj4043
    Cold One

Ryanj4043 Well-Known Member

Your kitbashes are amazing, keep it up!

Sudsinabucket likes this.
  3. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

Thanks so much! I really just love coming up with something different sometimes (or often I guess haha), still debating on closing the tail up or not, leaning towards keeping it as is...

4. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thanks man! Definitely diggin it

5. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Definitely a work in progress but I'm feeling good about the direction so far. At the moment its all just base colors (Feridian Grey, Screamer Pink. Khorne Red and an orange/salmon color I've made) meaning I still have dry brushing (purples, pinks, orange/reds) and then some highlighting on the underbelly (blues), and shades. For the tail its going to be very vibrant and bright like my Troglodon sail is, I think that'll really pop well though undecided on colors for it atm.

Here we are, WIP:

20200625_223334.jpg 20200625_223339.jpg

6. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Well, Im up early and decided that before starting some cleaning that I'd work on what Im now calling my "Ghur Infused Ancient Carnosaur". I finished the line of salmon/orange back to the tail above the hind legs and also did good amount of work on his head. I believe Im going to do his forearms spikes as khorne red and not the salmon/orange... but I haven't completely closed on that. Horns Im thinking with just a natural bone color, but I was also fiddling with having spiral tattoos on them...we shall see haha. Im thinking ill throw a crimson Carroburg shade over all the red/pink/orange areas once all are based coated and then work in dry brushing.

For rhe soft tissue areas (Feridian Grey) I'm going to highlight/shade/dry brush in blue tones...I'm undecided on whether going a darker blue vs lighter blue...slightly leaning brighter highlights with darker shade atm 20200626_053330.jpg

7. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

You've got some real talent here Suds. Keep posting the pic's!

LoR

Cho'qomel, Imrahil and Sudsinabucket like this.
  8. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thanks man! I really appreciate it! Talent is definitely Painting > Writing lol

9. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

No problem! Glad to see that the painting and modelling has helped you through some tough times.

I've always considered Warhammer (all games) to be great for people as 1) on the painting/modelling/writing side it really brings out creativity in people and 2) in the gaming side it gives some escapism that is really needed for some people.

You sound very blessed with a partner who is arty herself and I'm sure gives you lots of encouragement.

Use your writing skills in the RPG! ;)

See you later.

LoR

Cho'qomel, Imrahil and Sudsinabucket like this.
  10. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Small update!

I did some highlights in Lothern Blue on the underbelly and then a wash in Drakenhof Nightshade! I think it looks good but admittedly I should have watched it closer and the lothern blue highlughts did grt a bit washed away so Ill have to go over those again (was planning to anyway). But I think the darker blue looks good with the top colors for sure

Still have the back half of the model to do, Ive beem focused on the center/head so far

Any C&C is welcome as always :) 20200628_045211.jpg 20200628_045043.jpg IMG_20200628_050241_774.jpg IMG_20200628_050241_772.jpg

11. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Looks awesome mate.

Cho'qomel likes this.
  12. Cho'qomel
    Saurus

Cho'qomel Active Member

That's an awesome Caronsaur-conversion! It's like a meaner version of a Carnotaurus:D Keep it up, can't wait to see this one finished!

13. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Great choice to highlight with Lotern Blue:artist:
    Highlighting over the shade always gives more depth to the colors.

I'd like to see the highlights for the scales, this beast will be vibrant for sure;)

Keep up the good work

Grrr, Imrahil

Cho'qomel and Lizards of Renown like this.
  14. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Suds, did you manage the salvage operation? :eek::mad::confused:

Cho'qomel and Sudsinabucket like this.
  15. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Not yet :oops: I'm going to paint the pieces that broke off individually and then then glue them back together before shading. I love how it looks without the sails on the tail (pictured) but I think it loses some of its uniqueness that I liked, so going to reconnect the sails to the tail.

So in time he shall be put together again, but I'm going to use this as an opportunity and not look at it as a negative (for now;))! IMG_20200628_132814_374.jpg 20200628_133247.jpg

16. Cho'qomel
    Saurus

Cho'qomel Active Member

What about one sail on top of the end of the tail? If you cut away the scales on top of the tail and the lower part of the sail (the connection to the back) it should fit nicely on the tail. It would be unique, but not that fragile.

Sudsinabucket and Imrahil like this.
  17. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Go with the three-tailed, horned beast! At least that's my vote.

Sudsinabucket and Imrahil like this.
  18. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Slowly getting there :) Working on the horns and have delveloped a rich brown/carmel which I love, I think it works really well with the colors of the body. Debating if I make the claws the same color or not, also debating if I dry brush some khorne red onto the horns a bit and then another shade of Carroburg Crimson.

The tail has been glued back on so thats also exciting! Shaded and did markings where needed and it looks great I think, though I need to go back over the markings with Lothern Blue where I shaded on the underbelly.

What do y'all think? C&C always welcome!
    20200701_213942.jpg 20200701_214004.jpg 20200701_214034.jpg 20200701_214111.jpg 20200701_214131.jpg 20200701_214202.jpg

19. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

My Army so far (minus a few)! A couple if things are on the shelf below or semi blocked here but this is the most up to date picture of my army :) 20200702_023210.jpg

20. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Looks awesome! Obviously the star of the show is the Thunder Lizard. Super impressive!

Imrahil likes this.