1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SUPER-SOFT STORAGE FOAM

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Lizards of Renown, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Hi guys.

I'm trying to find some really, REALLY soft storage foam that I can use to attached to the lid of my Really Useful Boxes where I have my armies to 1) keep them in place and 2) prevent or minimize them moving sideways when the box is bumped.

Any suggestions welcome!

Best, LoR

Imrahil and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

The first thing that comes to mind is a truck bunk or camper mattress. Usually just a large roll of foam. Or a cheap memory foam style pillow.

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  3. Explodingzeb
    Bastiladon

Explodingzeb Well-Known Member

I'm afraid I don't have any foam recommendations.
    Have you thought about magnetising the bottom of your boxes?
    I have Really Useful Boxes myself and followed Duncan Rhodes' tutorial for magnetising them.

Imrahil, Bowser and Lizards of Renown like this.
  4. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Waaaaay ahead of you, my dude :)

I have done the strips of magnets, I have metal movement trays and I have PAINSTAKINGLY magnetized all of my armies. They are nicely stored. I'm just trying to add a layer of protection as they are totally fine unless heavily jolted and then they kind of scatter.

My idea was to having light foam gently pressing down on them (and filling spaces in between so even if jolted, they'd just go a little out of position.

Imrahil, Explodingzeb and Bowser like this.