1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teheyuqaltoc, the Dreamer of the Two Falling Stars [Slann Starmaster]

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by iamtib, Sep 8, 2021.

1. iamtib
    Skink

iamtib Active Member

Deep within the old jungles of Lustria, a Slann was dreaming.

It was before the extinction of the World That Was, in the Temple City Cuexotl, in his pyramid, his slumber was not to be disturbed. The Skinks attendants made sure that his dream was not interrupted for petty matters. Teheyuqaltoc was his name and not a single soul in the region could remember when he appeared and took the throne in Cuexotl for it was during a way too long gone era.

Teheyuqaltoc dreamt, convinced that his dream was part of the Old One's plan for this World. Was it a vision of the past? or the future? Or an entire other reality that was eluding his kin? He could not know. So he kept on dreaming. He once reached close to an epiphany but was brutally awakened from his sleep but the Temple Guard Alpha when war was raging at the gates of the City.

Teheyuqaltoc was not the best spell slinger or wizard of his kin. He did not accomplished great feats in battle but his Slann heart was pure and always he fought to protect Lustria and its treasures against preying hands. His magic was powerful enough to keep his region safe and was revered as a benevolent master.

His dream was unique and Teheyuqaltoc was proud that no other Slann ever dreamt of it before. His dream was of a battle in the stars, in what seems a far, far, away galaxy though he could not be sure. In his dream the battle was raging on between Black Stars and beings of Light. Hate was battling against Hope. Rage against Rightfulness. Dark side against Light side. His dream was always in 3 acts. During the first act of the Dream, one of the being of pure Light, resonating with an ancient Force that Teheyuqaltoc could not comprehend, destroyed a Black Star that was the source of evil and hope was renewed. In the second act, the remnants Black Star was striking back, rising again form its ashes, like a cancer that you cannot eradicate. In the third act, the being of pure Light returned to destroy the second Black Star, bringing balance to the World.

Dreaming the entire 3 acts was a tiresome ordeal for Teheyuqaltoc but he wanted to understand it and how this Dream could teach him about the Old Ones. He once told about his Dream to his most trustworthy Skink Oracle and his legend was born. He was known as the Dreamer of the Two Falling Stars, in reference to the Black Stars that were destroyed in his Dream.

When the World That Was was consumed by the fires of Chaos, Teheyuqaltoc heard the call of Mazdamundi and the enactment of the Exodus. Teheyuqaltoc was dumbfounded by what was happening. Was it the prophecy? Maybe the World was the Black Star and it was falling down like in the first act of his Dream? No, it could not be. They were Hope, and Rage and Hate were coming against them.. Teheyuqaltoc entered the strange pyramid that rose into the open sky and retreated to boundaries unknown.

Not the legend of Teheyuqaltoc, the Dreamer of the Two Falling Stars lives on the in the Mortal Realms. He still dreams about this tale and have not yet come close to the truth and so, with the rest of his kin, he keeps on waging the war against Rage and Hate, more and more persuaded that He is the being of Pure Light that will one day, destroy Black Stars and bring balance to the Mortal Realms.

This is the story of my Slann Starmaster. And without further introduction, behold the powerful Teheyuqaltoc :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was fortunate enough to find an old metal Slann that was sold to me by another french former player. I really did not want to mess up with finecast. I had some before in my first eldar army for lots of units and it was so much work for a really unsatisfactory result. With metal, I knew quality was there. After much work of restauration and a brand new paint job, more akin to today's techniques, here he is in all his glory!

This model is a work of art, I love the sculpt and the liberty you have to paint the huge toad. What a concept as well: who though that the mightiest wizards would be obese frogs on flying palanquins? I don't know but I love it!

I hope you got the easter egg in his fluff. If not, here is an hint, from where I drew inspiration for the story and the paint scheme!

[​IMG]

See you in the stars!

2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Very nice painting, i like him a lot!

iamtib likes this.
  3. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Great paint job!!!

4. Explodingzeb
    Bastiladon

Explodingzeb Well-Known Member

Awesome colour scheme and paint job!

5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

That's a cool Slann.
    And yes, finecast sucks. Parts of my Slann and Kroak models were warped and a mess to work with.

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Mine are all old metal school :)

Tyranitar likes this.
  7. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Wow, what an amazingly clean paintjob :artist::artist:
    The colors on him are so crisp and highlighted to a superb level. The white is looking so good.

This inspires me to start working on my Slann model, sadly it is the resin cast version.

Grrr, Imrahil

Noxolotl likes this.
  8. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Its the great slann mage priest known as Z'tayon Taark'et! :joyful:

Well done with both the painting and the lore :artist::artist::bookworm:

Noxolotl likes this.