1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog The Legendary Lord Project

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Oh_Man, May 17, 2018.

1. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I like how you painted those ruins with the eerie green stone peeking through the masonry :walkingdead:

LizardWizard, Cageyblood and Oh_Man like this.
  2. Oh_Man
    Kroxigor

Oh_Man Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I've just finished moving house and now I've got some new minis to show off! Behold my very first kitbash, the Skink Archer!
    Skink Archer
    [​IMG]

Got the idea from here. Some lore I made up for him:

Skink Archers are rare gifted Skinks blessed by Sotek, as evidenced by their twin tails. Though most races of the Old World require training in the use of a bow, Skink Archers are spawned with the skill innately learned. Their weapon of choice, a Skystreak Bow, is covered in eldritch glyphs and runes that channel the Winds of Magic. No bowstring is required as the Skystreak Bow launches Obsidian Arrows at great speeds with pure magical force. (Like a railgun basically.) When fired the arrowheads themselves are also imbued with explosive energy, able to penetrate all but the strongest armour.

I made a custom warscroll for him too:
    [​IMG]
    I also picked up a Skink Chief from Ebay that was painted up pretty good, but a bit chipped. So I did a bit of a touch-up, rebase, and changed some colours I didn't like, and tada - a new edition to my army!
    Skink Chief
    [​IMG]

Lastly, purchased a glass display cabinet to show off all my hard work!
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for reading! Stay tuned as 40 Clanrats are up next. (They will be the death of me, I swear!)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

4. Deed525
    Stegadon

Deed525 Well-Known Member

Ha I really like the archer !

LizardWizard and Oh_Man like this.
  5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Looking good, Ikea Detolf cabinet?

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. Oh_Man
    Kroxigor

Oh_Man Well-Known Member

Thanks all.

Yeah lol the exploding one.

LizardWizard and Crowsfoot like this.
  7. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Great looking collection!

8. Oh_Man
    Kroxigor

Oh_Man Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Got second at Armies on Parade today and also First Army category (won by default no one else had a first army :p).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  9. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

That is excellent! Well deserved :pompus:

10. Oh_Man
    Kroxigor

Oh_Man Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot and thanks for the likes everyone.

Got two new models painted up from the Engine of the Gods set: Skink Priest and Skink Chief.

Skink Priest
    [​IMG]

Skink Chief

[​IMG]

Also I have learnt some lightbox skills so I've updated all my photos with the latest lightbox photography:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/yJQcJRG

Enjoy!

11. Oh_Man
    Kroxigor

Oh_Man Well-Known Member

Here's my latest models. Got a lot done in the holidays!

My Skink Chiefs
    [​IMG]
    In the Lizardmen chain of command, Skink Priests direct their orders to Skink Chiefs. These are Skinks who have been marked for greatness. While the Priests attend to prophecies, it is left to Skink Chiefs to execute orders. It is they who typically oversee patrols, major construction projects and the messenger system. They are aggressive by Skink standards, sometimes riding to battle atop Terradons. It is not their role to sacrifice themselves in battle, however, but rather to spy out intruders, alert the Saurus and then guide them towards the foe. It is they who interpret the complicated instructions - often passed from Slann Mage-Priest to Skink Priest and finally to themselves. Then, in turn, it is they who give orders to the Saurus and the cold-blooded behemoths that make up the bulk of Lizardmen armies.

My Skink Priests
    [​IMG]
    On occasion, a Skink spawning will not produce an entire cohort from the pools of life, as is the norm, but instead only a single Skink will issue forth. These individuals are marked by the Old Ones and destined to lead, or otherwise achieve greatness amongst their kind. Those Skinks attuned to the energies of the world and that show an aptitude for magic are the Skink Priests, the most intelligent of their kind. Their role is to become the personal attendants of the mighty Slann Mage-Priests, and act as the prophets of the Lizardmen, as the only ones capable of interpreting and executing the will of their Slann masters. This is rarely straightforward, as entranced Slann do little more than mumble, yet each utterance, even the most incoherent whisper, might have vast consequences - for of all living creatures, the Slann are the most powerful of mages, and they alone worked under orders from the Old Ones. As it is strictly forbidden to disturb an entranced Slann in any but the direst of times, it is left to a Skink Priest to make many daily decisions for the whole of Lizardmen society. On behalf of their masters, it is their role to ensure that the Great Plan comes to fruition.

Gor-Rok / Saurus Sunblood
    [​IMG]
    Gor-Rok, the Great White Lizard, is amongst the greatest and most renowned Saurus in living memory. When Gor-Rok first emerged from the spawning pool of Itza, his size, pure albino colourings and lone arrival immediately marked him as a future champion. And so it has been — for the Great White Lizard, as Gor-Rok is also known, has fought in countless battles, his heavily scarred body a testament to many thousands of hard-fought triumphs. Gor-Rok is the mightiest of warriors, the solid centre around which the Saurus battle lines advance, and the rock on which Itza’s enemies are broken.

The Mace of Ulumak: It is believed that the Old Ones themselves guide the hand of one who wields the Mace of Ulumak.

The Shield of Aeons: The Shield of Aeons is a massive artefact made deep within the volcanic heart of the Fire Islands. So enormous was the slab from which the Shield of Aeons was cut that a dozen Kroxigor were needed to haul its bulk to the Lustrian mainland and generations of Skink artisans laboured to carve it.

Saurus Oldblood
    [​IMG]

Skink Priest (Priestly Trappings)
    Got this off Ebay so I just rebased it because the paintjob was good!
    [​IMG]

Skink Priest (Feathered Cloak)
    [​IMG]

Skink Chief
    [​IMG]

Skink Chief
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    LizardWizard, Imrahil, Warden and 3 others like this.
  12. Aginor
    Slann

Very nice work!

13. Oh_Man
    Kroxigor

Oh_Man Well-Known Member

Saurus Scar Veterans
    Two Saurus Scar Veterans (discontinued metal models). They have identical bodies but different shields, weapons and heads.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Saurus Scar-Veterans, also known simply as Saurus Leaders, are the most powerful of their savage kind. More than simply eight feet of savage reptilian muscle, Scar-Veterans are perfectly designed killing machines, their martial prowess further enhanced by battle experience. To their foes, be they ancient nemesis or simply those who trespass upon the sovereign territory of their masters, the Saurus leaders are nothing less than the vengeance of the Old Ones made manifest. All Saurus Warriors are spawned with the knowledge of how to fight, and the longer each lives, the more battles he survives. The longer he survives, the more he understands the needs not just of a lone warrior, but also of an entire army. While a Scar-Veteran cannot explain the meaning of a refused flank, he will know how to launch such a manoeuvre. A Saurus Scar-Veteran could not express why he chose a defence in depth to defeat a foe, yet he will inexorably recognise when such situations are called for and react accordingly. With only a low, grumbling growl and a final bellow, a Scar-Veteran can set an entire Lizardmen battleline in order. Once combat begins, Scar-Veterans hurl themselves into the fray with merciless efficiency. Each stroke, bite or thrust dispatches a foe, often with the enemy literally torn limb from limb by the ferocity of the attack.

LizardWizard, Imrahil, Warden and 3 others like this.
  14. Oh_Man
    Kroxigor

Oh_Man Well-Known Member

Skink Shaman
    My Skink Shaman - master of skulls!
    [​IMG]
    Skink Shamans are gifted with the extraordinary ability to commune with the spirits of the dead. This is invaluable when interacting with the venerated Relic Priests but also makes them excellent at intelligence gathering, as they can commune with the spirits of the Lizardmen's slaughtered foes.

LizardWizard, Imrahil, Warden and 2 others like this.
  15. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

That is a great collection of skink leaders, especially the Master of Skulls!

16. Oh_Man
    Kroxigor

Oh_Man Well-Known Member

Slann Starmaster (with albino Skink Attendant)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The favoured servants of the Old Ones, the Slann have considerable intellect and magical abilities, and rule the Lizardmen as venerated Mage-Priests. Although not physically menacing - their bodies are toad-like with large heads and bulbous eyes - with a flick of their multi-jointed fingers, Slann can topple cities, engulf foes in flames or open vast rents in the ground below. Enemy Wizards find even the mightiest incantation they try to employ unravelling before them as the Slann contemptuously waves its hand. The Slann see the world differently from other beings. Their orderly minds are constantly at work - deciphering complex problems and wandering the cosmos. They sit unmoving on their stone palanquins or in their Star Chambers, and to an outsider a Slann might appear asleep, or even dead. So deeply do they meditate that signs of life are hard to detect - their breaths are shallow and far apart, their eyes unblinking and vacant. Yet the Slann are attuned to more than mortals realise - for they can perceive the magic and raw disorder that has hung in the very air since the great influx of Chaos.

My Saurus Oldblood on foot, rounding out the collection:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The most powerful of their kind, Saurus leaders are more than eight feet of savage reptilian muscle. The highest rank given is the title Oldblood, while those beneath them are known as Scar-Veterans. They are perfectly designed killing machines, their martial prowess further enhanced by battle experience. To their foes, be they ancient nemeses or simply those who trespass upon the sovereign territory of their masters, the Saurus are nothing less than the vengeance of the Old Ones made manifest. Some Saurus leaders are marked for greatness, bearing a different pattern or crest to the rest of their brethren. Those with pale or albino skin tones are always revered - for they are the favoured of the Old Ones and destined to become mighty heroes. Yet a Saurus need not be different from his comrades to gain veteran status; he need only survive.

17. Aginor
    Slann

Good stuff!

18. Oh_Man
    Kroxigor

Oh_Man Well-Known Member

Saurus Astrolith Bearer
    [​IMG]
    Hefted into battle by a mighty Saurus warrior, the sacred Astrolith crackles and pulses with immensely powerful cosmic energies. When the rotating discs align and lock, devastating celestial power is unleashed upon the enemy, splitting them apart with the furious power of the heavens. Seraphon fighters who stand near the Astrolith are imbued with this power, and can perform heroic feats previously thought impossible. The Saurus who clutches this artefact would sooner be torn to shreds than relinquish his grip - this resolve, combined with the Azyrite power flowing through him, makes him a formidable warrior who will readily savage any threat.

And with the announcement of the new Prophet and the Warlock DLC for Total War Warhammer I have repainted my Tehenhauin to match the in-game version seen here:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They have also announced another character that I will start painting soon:
    [​IMG]

19. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Oh I didn't catch this new character announcement! Nice find!

20. Oh_Man
    Kroxigor

Oh_Man Well-Known Member

More information about Tiktaq'to here.

You may be interested to know Lord Kroak will also be in the game - haven't got a screenshot yet though.

LizardWizard, Koriialstraz and Warden like this.