1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The never-ending battle against woke Hollywood and SJW infused entertainment media [trigger warning]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I am not going to engage in piracy to watch media without paying for it.

I am not going to pay money to companies that get in deep in bed with the CCP. Right now, no media company is deeper in bed with the CCP than Amazon. This isn't going to change unless the CCP collapses or Jeff Bezo is visited by the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future leading to an a Ebineezer Scrooge like transformation.

There used to be one thing on Amazon I liked.

The Tick (which I dutifully watched years ago before I swore off Amazon)

and now Jack Reacher.

Let's pretend Jeff Bezos turned on the CCP, even two good pieces of media probably isn't enough to make me want to join Amazon Prime.

But maybe, it is a sign that media as a whole is moving away from woke if Amazon could create something like this.

Or maybe it's a fluke.

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

3. Scalenex
    Slann

When I get a notification of a new video from this guy, I usually drop what I'm doing to listen to what he has to say.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I'll have to give it a watch.

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Unconfirmed leaked spoilers about Obi-Wan. At this point we can't know if any of this is true, but if it is, it doesn't bode well for the show (and Star Wars at a whole).

8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Good video... and he looks to be a fellow Canadian.

9. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

well no. we don't watch them becouse they are really really bad not becouse they keep scummy people on board

Scalenex likes this.
  10. Scalenex
    Slann

Pessimists are happier than optimists. 90% of the time they are right and 10% of the time they are pleasantly surprised.

I just don't care about Star Wars any more. I'm not rooting for it to fail or hoping for it succeed, I just don't care. The Mandalorian was good but it wasn't amazing. It was too little too late for all the garbage that came out. The franchise is dead.

In media terms, dead does not mean forever. I would say the 1966 Batman movie killed the Batman franchise and the goofy movie ended up pulling the comics down till Frank Miller created the comic series The Dark Returns in 1986 which reignited interest and love for a grittier which led directly to the 1989 Tim Burton movie, which led to the early 90s Batman the Animated Series which restored Batman to awesomeness.

Essentially Disney needs to stop beating Star Wars like a dead horse and let it die with dignity. Then ~20 years let some fresh talent breath new life into it and reboot it. Maybe retelling the original trilogy and/or the prequel trilogy with new actors, new directors and fitting the 2040 zeitgeist, whatever form that takes.

Maybe in the mean time we can enjoy a spiritual successor to Star Wars to tide us. Much as Star Wars a spiritual successor to Flash Gordon and The Orville was a spiritual successor to Star Trek and Jason Bourne is a sort of spiritual successor to 007.

It can be both!

I chose not to watch Fantastic Beasts because reviewers I trust said they were subpar and I was kind of tired of the Harry Potter universe already.

I am choosing not to watch Aquaman 2 because Amber Heard is in it. I will watch it (on opening weekend) if they reshoot the movie without her.

I'm not sure if I dislike Ezra Miller enough to boycott his work on principle, but leaks from the set indicate the movie is not going to be very good.

I have guarded optimism for the new CEO being able to course correct Warner Brothers, but even under ideal circumstances, it takes three years to course correct a megacorp.

NIGHTBRINGER and Erta Wanderer like this.
  11. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

If that planned ending turns out to be the real one, then while I'm not surprised they would try to make this move, I'm still sad, indeed pissed, that they have chosen to despoil another fan-favourite character, specifically my favourite Jedi character.

Something amusing though that I noticed in that video at about 1:52 is Brown's Clues saying how in The Mandalorian they present Luke as someone who very much 'deals in absolutes' despite being the New Hope who goes on to restore the Jedi Order, and, surprise, surprise, Ahsoka is presented as the 'reasonable' one who steals Luke's thunder as being more of a 'true Jedi', essentially confirming what I have thought of her all along - that she is just another Rey/Wesley who can do pretty much anything without faltering or failing, an almighty prodigy figure that doesn't adhere to the laws of mortality that we ordinary people go through, another golden child of the Force is Female Gestapo.

[​IMG]

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Stealing that! :)

[​IMG]

Most people like Ahsoka. Her general character and story-arc are not as you describe.

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

14. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

A potential turning of the tide? A sign of things to come?

15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

17. Scalenex
    Slann

I would like to add that I would find literally strong female characters more palatable if the actresses playing them are women who regularly hit the gym in real life. Instead of adding CGI muscles to a 110 pound woman, what if instead they cast Gina Corrano as the She-Hulk...

Oh wait, Disney doesn't actually want to promote strong women.

18. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I cannot wait to not see it!

19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That's pretty much how I feel about all of the MCU phase four, with the possible exception of Guardians of the Galaxy vol. III. I haven't watched any of the MCU shows. Prior to its release, I was excited about Loki, but as soon as it the rumours of its wokeness were confirmed, I decided to skip it. Endgame really was the end (and even Endgame was sketchy in parts, not nearly as good as Infinity War).

20. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

For me that one and dr. Strange.
    The latter mostly because
    1 - I like the character and the actor
    2 - Raimi