1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. THE OLD WORLD - Poll: which Age of Sigmar models or Factions would be OK to incorporate into TOW

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by pendrake, Dec 6, 2019.

?

Which of the 25(!) Factions would be acceptable to include in the new(?) Old World

1. Skaven

19 vote(s)
    76.0%
  2. Beastmen

19 vote(s)
    76.0%
  3. Maggotkin/Nurgle

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  4. Khorne / Tzeentch / Everchosen Chaos

14 vote(s)
    56.0%
  5. Slaanesh/Chaos

15 vote(s)
    60.0%
  6. Flesh Eater Courts

15 vote(s)
    60.0%
  7. Nighthaunts / Legions of Nagash

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  8. Ossiarchs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Gloomspite Gitz / Greenskinz

17 vote(s)
    68.0%
  10. Beastclaw raiders / Gutbusters

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  11. Ironjawz

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  12. Bonesplitters

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  13. Stormcast

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  14. Cities of Sigmar

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  15. Idoneth Deepkin

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  16. Daughters of Khaine

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  17. Sylvaneth

17 vote(s)
    68.0%
  18. Kharadon Overlords

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  19. Fyreslayers

9 vote(s)
    36.0%
  20. SERAPHON — Lizardmen

22 vote(s)
    88.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

1. Skaven (Chaos)
    2. Beasts of Chaos (Chaos)
    3. Maggotkin of Nurgle (Chaos)
    4. Blades of Khorne (Chaos)
    5. Disciples of Tzeentch (Chaos)
    6. Everchosen (Chaos)
    7. Hedonites of Slaanesh (Chaos)
    8. Flesh-Eater Courts (Death)
    9. Nighthaunt (Death)
    10. Ossiarch Bonereapers (Death)
    11. Legions of Nagash (Death)
    12. Gloomspite Gitz (Destruction)
    13. Beastclaw Raiders (Destruction)
    14. Ironjawz (Destruction)
    15. Bonesplitterz (Destruction)
    16. Stormcast Eternals (Order)
    17. Idoneth Deepkin (Order)
    18. Daughters of Khaine (Order)
    19. Kharadron Overlords (Order)
    20. Sylvaneth (Order)
    21. Fyreslayers (Order)
    22. Seraphon (Order)
    23. Cities of Sigmar (Order)
    24. Gutbusters (Destruction)
    25. Greenskinz (Destruction)
    Wow. Who knew AoS had bloated to 25 Factions? Also, who knew that polls can only have 20 choices?

Voting is set to as many choices as respondents like.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

For the poll, do you mean AoS armies transferred over as is? For instance, Cities of Sigmar is made up of several armies that belong in TOW in my opinion (Empire, Dwarfs, Dark Elves, High Elves, Wood Elves). While I want all the Cities of Sigmar units to be transferred to TOW, I don't want to see a Cities of Sigmar army in TOW. In that case, would I vote for Cities of Sigmar or not? The Chaos armies are another example of this, I want to see those units in TOW but I want them incorporated into their classic Warriors of Chaos, Daemons of Chaos and Beastmen armies.

3. pendrake
    Skink Priest

I was very confused by Cities of Siggy. Cursory research looks like they consolidated Empire, Regular Dwarfs, and Dark Elfs together? Wait the other Elves are in there too??

I think you’d vote yes to anything that includes models that belong. But they would split back to their traditional faction/nations.

But other things like those Idoneth would potentially transfer as is.

That is what further replies in the thread are for: to explain your vote(s).

4. pendrake
    Skink Priest

Another for instance: Ironjaws and Bonesplitterz, these are just Orks of some sort Yes? No? Sorta?

WildColonial Boy likes this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That will mean that most AoS factions will be chosen as I'd imagine that nearly everyone wants all the original WFB armies to be transferred into TOW and most AoS factions contain some remnants of WFB armies.

I'll vote a bit later. I'll have to open up the GW website to see what units are in each of the AoS factions.

6. pendrake
    Skink Priest

I was having to do that as well... :confused::writing: ...just to figure out what might be reasonable to combine in a poll choice in order to get under the limit of 20 options.

:shifty: What a hash they’ve made of the game!

NB: this means the limit for short story contests is 20 entries.... @Scalenex

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  7. pendrake
    Skink Priest

I voted Yes/Include on the Idoneth Deepkin.

Heres why: even though they are unheard of in previous publishings of Warhammer fantasy there is a little snippet on the timeline @Warden compiled that mentions a lost city, that sank below the waves, that was rumored to have been invaded/inhabited by an undersea race.

That makes a perfect place to slot them in. And there is little reason not to because the undersea environment of WFB was left wide open and unexplored.

Warden likes this.
  8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Why not reduce the choices to purely new AoS factions (meaning factions that do not include any models from WFB)? I think it is fair to assume that most people want all the old armies back anyways, so armies that contain WFB models will be selected based on that factor alone.

9. pendrake
    Skink Priest

Because I’m a completionist and I don’t know and will never figure out where they hid everything(?) ...so I am not quite sure what factions are purely Siggy. Or which are partly new things mixed with Old Things.

Warden likes this.
  10. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

If we ever get 21 entries, I will find a way...

11. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

Warden and Paradoxical Pacifism like this.
  12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

My votes are in. Nearly every faction has components that belong to traditional WFB armies so I voted for all those (but only in the context that those elements alone are returned to their rightful WFB armies).

Of the "new" AoS armies I think the following would be "acceptable"
    • Fyreslayers (they are essentially Slayers)
    • Deepkin (neat models, they could be written into the lore easily)

The ones I feel are unacceptable inclusions are:
    • Kharadron Overlords (a bit too advanced, doesn't fit the medieval fantasy theme of WFB) [I should note that they are actually my favourite pure AoS faction]
    • Ossiarchs (I don't want those ugly models in WFB, and TOW is not in need of a third undead army)
    • Stormcast Eternals (I hate these guys, their inclusion would be a complete deal breaker for me)

13. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I agree with this completely. I was waiting for a "fishy" race to show up in WH but it never materialized.

UNFORTUATELY the one that showed up in AOS was a fourth elf-race, that might be a bit of an elf-overload for the Old World.

I agree with this except for the fyreslayers, UNLESS they move the timeline past the Endtimes. Then it would make sense as they could be following their boss who became the incarnate of fire right?

But then what about the other incarnates of their respective lores of magic? 8 new factions to add???

14. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

To be fair, I would probably add them to the pre-existing Dwarfs range. They still fit with the lore and style of WFB.

I'm not saying that I'm hoping they make it in, but it wouldn't bother me if GW did make room for them.

15. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

That makes sense. It would be a lot cheaper than making new plastic slayer models.

16. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I voted for:
    • Skaven and Beastmen, because they are both pretty much exactly the same as their Fantasy incarnations
    • Flesh Eater Courts, because they evolved from the Crypt Ghouls in the Vampire Counts army. Would be nice to see them as a separate faction to add some more variety, but if they did so GW would have to give them a lot more models, as they are severely lacking in model diversity at the moment.
    • Gloomspite Gitz, because not only are Night Goblins hilarious, but it would also be similarly hilarious to have them as a separate faction rebelling against their Orc Overlords, as the Fantasy equivalent of the Grot Revolushunary Komittee.
    • Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz, because they are pretty much the same as Black Orcs and Savage Orcs respectively
    • Idoneth Deepkin, because they would be a great basis for bringing back the long-lost Sea Elves faction. Back in the days of Warhammer Third Edition (the rulebook for which I found once in a charity shop aeons ago), the Sea Elves were a fourth faction alongside the High Elves, Dark Elves and Wood Elves. Although they later became the Lothern Sea Guard and were folded into the High Elf faction, the Sea Elf faction could be reinvented for the current versions of the Warhammer World, and Idoneth would be great for that. My only concern is how they would explain how the sea creatures fly in Fantasy, whether they would keep the Ethersea idea from AoS or think of a different explanation to fit better with Fantasy lore and physics.
    • Fyreslayers, because although Fyreslayers as they are wouldn’t cut it as they were created after the End Times, they are great as Slayer models for Fantasy as mentioned above, and it would be pretty easy to write Fantasy lore for them (indeed I’m having a go at it myself in my unofficial Warhammer: Cult of Grimnir rules for 8th Edition).

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

[​IMG]

18. pendrake
    Skink Priest

It is a bit of a derail (for the thread) but I would like to read the Condensed version explaining how the Deepkin Mer-Elves On their friggin’ flyin’ Sea-turtles even manage to come into contact with the Sky Dwarves and their metal ironclad frigates. :cyclops:

19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Probably magic :joyful:

20. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

As has already been said, the majority of these armies are essentially either remnants of Old World armies or mashups of Old World armies. So the ones that are just the remnants like Fyreslayers and the various Ork groups could easily be re-incorporated back into their original armies.

As for purely new ones, definitely Idoneth Deepkin. An undersea faction would be really fun to have, and it would be especially cool if they somehow decided to bring in Vampire Coast as well. Plenty of options for a rivalry there ;)

I agree with basically everyone that Stormcast would make no sense, and Kharadon Overlords don't quite fit in with the setting.

Of course, some armies like the Seraphon and Skaven are exactly the same as before, so that's a no-brainer.

And yeah, just skip Ossiarchs and welcome back Tomb Kings, lol!