1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. The Purple Sun of Xereus

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Tlax, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Tlax
    Saurus

Tlax New Member

am i reading this right each model touched by the template has to take int test or die so does this mean when the template is moving over a unit that unit will have to take the test as well not just a unit the template actually lands on ?

2. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Yes.. that spell is an absolute 100% "must dispel"! Saurus blocks having init of 1 really hurts.

3. Tlax
    Saurus

Tlax New Member

hmmm good and bad then im expecting 6 dice irristabel throwing at this spell all the time it would wipe most of our army out,
    on the flip side im going to use it agaisnt an OnG player tommorow its 2000pts so hell have lots of models in a long battle line i fly my slaan up the side (arabian carpet item) throw 6 dice at it and hopefully get good range.
    although the pit of shades is very usefull combined with shadows basic spell which can reduce int by d3 do that then let pit of shades off lots of dead units

4. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

The Cloak of Feathers is skinks on foot only.

5. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

That item isn't mentioned anywhere in the posts. The Slann is flying using the new item in 8th that lets models fly (The Arabian Carpet). Though that might have some restrictions as well, I am not sure.

6. Tlax
    Saurus

Tlax New Member

thanks kurlin you got to it before me, yeah its just used for the bigger based models like our slaan. ogre tyrant etc small based users cant use it i think thats how its working

7. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

That spell could decimate entire enemy armies if cast down a flank, moving up to 30 inches. I'm not 100% sure the magic carpet can be taken by a Slann, but then again I don't have the book yet!

8. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

Gah! This 8th edition shenanigans confuses me greatly! Flying Slann?!

9. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

It would have to be one heck of a stout carpet to bear the Slann's weight. The rumor I saw for flying carpet said something like, "infantry models or monstrous infantry models only". I doubt the Slann counts as infantry, but we'll see. Every unit has a "troop type" now on their stat line. Supposedly they have a pretty comprehensive list in the book somewhere.

10. the-graven
    Kroxigor

the-graven New Member

It's for infantry and monstrous infantry only, and the slann counts as monstrous infantry(he got the base of monstrous infantry), what else would he be. Infantry, nope too big.monster, nope too small.chariot, could be(obvious). warmachine, no. cavalry, nope. I think that was it.

11. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Well yeah he isn't a monster, but because of the palanquin he might not count as infantry.. He could be a mounted thing. Time will tell.

What are people going to do, put the palanquin on a magic carpet or put the Slann on one as the palanquin? I personally think a Slann riding a carpet would look cool, but his rules do suggest already that the palanquin counts as his mount option.

12. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

I don't think he'll be monstrous infantry, since his base is a bit bigger than the 40mm of monstrous infantry, the Slann's being 50mm.

13. the-graven
    Kroxigor

the-graven New Member

Oh well i haven't measured the base, but it looked like the same one as that from a kroxigor.

14. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

I haven't measured either, but since he displaces two 25mm models, it works out.

15. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah Slann = 50mm badse, kroxigor = 40mm base...

16. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

i hope my slann could fly on a carpet :) would be cool :)
    i thin it should be erreta and only where it lands those have to take I test other wice its realy powerfull, even too good becouse on first use it can kill half an army....