1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion The Start of the story for "The Cohort of Poisonous Mists"

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Sudsinabucket, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

When I first started this hobby about 2 months ago, I really wanted to make a narrative for my army. I wanted there to be a story, some depth behind the painted models. I started to write the backstory for its general, a Saurus Oldblood that was blessed by both Sotek and Quetzel and has a burning hatred for Clan Pestilence, in particular his nemesis a Vermin Lord Corruptor.

The Facebook group I help admin opened up a RP discord recently which really helped me develope the story further and Im hoping to transfer those interactions and battles somehow into this on going story for my Oldblood and Star Priest and their Cohort.

I hope you all enjoy my story so far, it is very much a work in progress and this is the first time I've really done anything like this. I am also working on a short story for my Star Priest called "The Thunderlizard and a Priest"

Acattopa'CocotonaCocoxqui

Saurus Oldblood

Name meaning: First to Defeat Disease

Weapons: Blessed Great Macuahuitl of Sotek and Golden Axe of Quetzel.

Great Macuahuotl: Obsidian taken from the Serpent Isles made Industrucible, Never Dulls, Blessed by Sotek with the most toxic serpent venom that can poison even to the most diseased of hosts. Soon after being struck with the weapon its venom will give the enemy hallucinations, going crazy not knowing what is real or fake. Labored breathing then sets in, slowing down any foe struck. Finally the enemy swells up to the point that they explode on the battlefield. The venom when the enemy explodes acts as a very potent acid. When the body explodes acidic debris flies everywhere, inflicting any warmblooded enemy with any open wounds.

Golden Axe of Quetzel: Blessed by the Protector God to give the wielder extra physical resilience and stealing the life essence of an enemy to heal wounds, it never dulls and can never break in battle.

Mount: Metzlitlaco, a Troglodon Matriarch gifted to the Oldblood by Sotek.

Bigger than other Troglodons, Metzlitlaco is paired with her master and acts with no remorse to his commands. Her Toxic Venom is able to bring down an Elven Dragon, and her hide is thick and hard enough to repel some arrow fire from far away.

Back Story:

"Cohort of Poisonous Mists"

An army that specializes in shock Encounters and posion attacks led by an Oldblood with his Lustrian Medical Plant loving Star Priest Itzli-Citlalli who rides atop one of the few Thunderlizards.

The Cohort led by Acattopa from the Temple City of Texcoco is integral to the fight against Clan Pestilence and Nurgles Hordes as not only do they specialize in poison and ambush warfare, they are also virtually immune to the infectious Posions and Disease used by their foes.

During the first invasion when many spawning pools were being desecrated by Clan Pestilence, pools in the Temple City of Texcoco in particular produced thousands of saurus who came out sickly and died within minutes in anguish. This happened for months with the Skink Priests having no effect in purifying the pools, until one Priest cried out in a hallowing anguished roar to Sotek and Quetzel, begging them to purify the pools. Almost immediately after, the jungle behind the priest came alive with swarms of serpents and jungle birds emerging. The serpents entered the pools, glistening in godly light like diamonds, each snake unleashed its venom into the pools. The birds called out as they flew overhead, feathers of Quetzel fell radiating down into the pools as well, adding to the purifying power. The Skink Priests watched in awe and waited to see what would happen. The pools started to change from a diseased green color to vibrant colors that glistened in the sun like the celestial creatures that aided the defenders. In what seemed to be days but was just minutes, one large saurus emerged. Roars and growls could be heard from the menacing jaws. Being spawned with the knowledge of his kin before the Great Purifiying has fed his resolve to destroy all Skaven as the Old Ones demand.

This first Saurus, an Oldblood, was marked for greatness and was given the name "Acattopa'CocotonaCocoxqui" or translated in lesser tongues "The First to Destroy Disease". Spawned with obsidian black scales with ascending shades of purple on his back, he was blessed with two weapons: The Great Macuahuitl of Sotek and the Golden Axe of Quetzel. The Macuahuitl of Sotek's obsidian blade was dipped into the pools after The Great Purifying blessing it with being indestructible, never dulling and the venom of Sotek which can infect any enemy causing side effects the longer the enemy is alive in battle. A fallen feather of Quetzel fell infront of the Star Priest and was adorned onto a single handed Tomahawk Axe granting its wielder greater physical resistance, the ability to seep the life essence from the enemy, healing wounds. Shortly after these weapons were bestowed upon the great Saurus another swarm of glistening serpents of Sotek entered the sacred space and a roar as loud as thunder pierced the sky, a Troglodon. A large sailless brightly covered Troglodon approached, a Matriarch. Walking right up to the Oldblood, as if it knew his taste in the air, the beast flicked its tongue and nudged the saurus with its head. Skinks rushed in with spears, but immediately the Troglodon turned around readying its spray when a single command was issued "Stay your ground" and both groups immediately stopped. Acattopa walked infront of the giant lizard, gently running his claws down its scaly side to its head and softly says "This is Metzlitlaco, blessed to me for battle, my blood is her blood". From that day forth the Oldblood and his Troglodon have ended the lives of many.

The spawning pools of Texcoco now intact are producing saurus immune to disease, toxins, savage in strength with scales that are brightly colored and physically resilient like iron, like Acattopa.

The Warbringer is now readying his cohort and legions, looking ahead at a long costly war on the horizon. He seeks out all skaven but relishes in destroying those that pillage the jungles he is sworn to protect and will stop at nothing to defeat Clan Pestilence and its hordes.

During that age of great battles, Acattopa was apart of the battle for Quetza. After Clan Pestilence was driven out of the city the Cohort returned once more, charged with protecting the city due to their immunity to disease and toxins and for their resilience to attacks. The Cohort of Poisonous Mists, as it is called, lead by Acattopa'CocotonaCocoxqui and his Star Priest, fought against the hordes of rat men for months upon months. At the end of these great battles within the Temple City itself, the surrounding jungles and swamps, the great Oldblood and his Cohort were overrun and made to retreat back to their Temple city or lose everything. Before being able to fully retreat, a large force of plague monks and skaven slaves burrowed from below and cut Acattopa and his elite guard off. The fight was fierce, with each swing his blessed weapons seeped venom into enemies and stole life from the foe while his guard tore apart plague monks and the rat slaves that stormed them. Slowly those who were struck by the Oldblood started to see things that were not there, going mad fighting Saurus and Skaven alike. The blessed venom was working, soon those who were infected slowed down with labored breathing while still seeing visions. They then started to swell in their limbs, then their abdomen. Running back into the Skaven ranks they erupted into acidic debris amongst their own. For that was the true power of the venom: If it comes in contact with a non coldbloods blood it becomes acidic and infects, making the victim a living bomb of acid and gore after moments; inflicting unrelenting damage among the enemy ranks at the delight of the Oldblood. However, even with his blessed weapons and his Elite guard the numerous horde start to take ground as Guard after Guard fall, Acattopa gives out an echoing call heard by the reforming lines of his army. As the last of his guard was falling to the Skaven numbers the Skaven leader Arose from the ranks, Squiggel Squabblewiskers, and charged at the Oldblood with great accuracy and furry almost subduing the exhausted saurus. With a swing of his razor sharp axe Acattopa regained his composure and pressed the attack onto the enemy. Swing after swing, pure strength and rage met diseased blades blow for blow until finally the Corruptor sliced the arm deep of the Oldblood forcing him to drop his great macuahuitl. Right as hope seemed lost a mighty host of Kroxigors and Red Crested Skinks bellowed into the fray, followed by Ancient Stegadons and Ripperdactyls tearing through the ranks. Acattopa trying to find his great weapon in the chaos sees the Vermin Lord scurrying away with it. The great Saurus gives out a most enraged roar as the rat lord is lost amongst the mass of fur closing in to fill the gap in ranks lost to the Lizardmen charge.

Forced to retreat to save any hope of recovering Soteks Blessed weapon, Acattopa returns back to his Temple City of Texcoco with the remainder of his Army. A burning need for revenge lives within the Saurus, he yearns to return to that city and reclaim what is his, what his God Bestowed upon him.

Nazqua, Warden, Aginor and 3 others like this.
  2. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Some cool ideas here!

That name is a mouthful :wideyed:

But I am happy that this is basically the Oldbloods "formal name" and you normally refer to him as just Acattopa, works for me!

Interesting idea, haven't seen an Oldblood riding a troglodon before. Kinda like the Oldblood skipped the t-rex and went right to the (blind but) deadly Spinosaurus instead?

Nice cool factor, fits in with your poison theme.

Also pretty neat.

For thunder lizard inspiration (and the slann riding him) I would use this picture, just more "Mesoamerican" and less "Greco-Roman" looking temples on its back:

thunder_lizard_by_iririv-d52oc1z.jpg

Also an interesting take.

I appreciate the name Texoco, I believe that is the name/similar to the name of the lake the Aztecs build their big city on? Nice real world reference.

Would love to see a map!

3. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Hey! Thanks so much for your thoughts, it means a lot and I really do appreciate it. Ive pht a lot of time and thought into this and am actively rewriting it until I have an official live version. The models I paint are the live incarnations of the story, I have other parts written up as well that I just need to move around at some point.

His name is definetly a mouthful lol someone on the FB page that I help admin told me I couldnt pronounce it....I proved them wrong, but dont try to say it 5 times fast lol

I really wanted my main character to be different than any before in some regard, I thought what would be cooler than for a Saurus to ride a Troglodon? I even have the spare Carnosaur tail ready to be modified so I can give the model a split tail if I decide to go that route in the finished version. I also really wanted to continue on that poison theme which is why the whole army is built around the color scheme of Poison Dart Frogs, or bright vibrant colors.

I love that picture and is actually already apart of the inspiration for sure! Im actually using it as art for my personal rules im finishing up for my Thunderlizard lol it is a beautiful art piece. I also have a short story in the works called "The Thunderlizard and the Priest" that ties into my narrative for the army.

Lots going into this, not just paint and models :) very excited

Thanks so much again for your thoughts!

4. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

I have sense updated this story, please search out the Acattopa Stories that are posted by chapters. Chapters 1-3 are no available though they are a work in progress

Thank you!

Nazqua and Aginor like this.