1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Thinking at Getting into AOS with Seraphon

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by WhoaJoe, Jan 2, 2021.

1. WhoaJoe
    Skink

WhoaJoe New Member

I've been looking at the game for a while and it seems more my thing than 40k, and from playing Total Warhammer 2 I've been loving the Lizardmen. Did some digging around and I'm looking at this for a starter Pitched Battle army.

• Kroak
    • Oldblood Carnosaur General w/Koatls Claw artifact/command
    • Scar Vet Carnosaur x2
    • Scar Vet Cold One
    • Cold Ones 5x3
    • Saurus Warriors 3x10
    • Sunclaw and Firelance Battalions
    All together this is gonna cost me about $335/tax as I already have the Oldblood and the Cold One Scar Vet from my brother, and if I add a command point that gives me an exact 2000. Any thoughts? What wepons and artifacts should be used? The battalion is on the cold one scar vet fyi, so he can stay with those knights.

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Personally, I think you're relatively light on bodies but 3 carnosaurs will be fun to play with. I'd make one of the scar vet carnos your general because you're more likely to be using his command ability than the old blood. I'd also put the koatl's claw artefact on the scar vet, 6 attacks vs 3 is better to fish for mortals.

Without a starseer or a starpriest your saurus knights are going to have low damage and a predictable threat range. I'd consider dropping one of your carnosaurs and your CP for a starseer and starpriest. Or just drop the scar vet on the cold one (he's not very good in combat and the carnosaur already fulfills the battalion) and the CP for a starpriest. You really dont need the command point, you're getting 2 with your double battalions. You're also getting two extra artefacts because of the two battalions. Blade of realities is good on the old blood for rend 2 damage 4 attacks into enemy heroes, and then you can give your skink hero retrices to keep them alive.

All in all, I think it'll be a very fun way to get into the game. Knights can hit hard with the starpriest buff and carnos are great if you put them into the right targets. I think you could free the build up a bit by just leaning into one battalion or the other, but that's just me. Looking at what you have right now I think 1 scar vet on carno, the scar vet on cold one, and your CP are probably points you could move to other things. Chameleon skinks, for example, really help coalesced armies with a backfield threat. Bound geminids also helps give coalesced armies an edge in combat. I'd start with the skink buffing heroes but those two are also nice additions that can compliment a melee focused coalesced army.

If you're going for something relatively cheap to pick up and fun to play, I think this is a good start. Consider trying out lists on TTS before committing, but dinosaurs are always going to be fun ;)

Erta Wanderer and WhoaJoe like this.
  3. WhoaJoe
    Skink

WhoaJoe New Member

I'm focusing more on a way to save cash getting into this, I'm not going for a competitive list just fun. The advice on giving the scar vet the bonuses is nice, I still don't even have a battletome so a lot of this is new to me. Both battalions was just an effort to get some more buffs on those models. The whole idea here is to get an army on the cheap, 2 start collecting, kroak, and a warriors box is a very cheap 2000 points army

LizardWizard and Putzfrau like this.
  4. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Makes total sense! With that in mind its definitely an easy to place to start

5. chefofwar
    Chameleon Skink

chefofwar Well-Known Member

I have not done a price comparison but there are some pretty awesome 3d prints out there for cold one knights. I dont know how they match up for prices to GW, but I found my kroxigor proxies were the same ish price, some of the lizard line is a little rough on the edges of sculpts in my opinion.

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. WhoaJoe
    Skink

WhoaJoe New Member

All the knights in this will be coming from the start collecting, with the scar vet cold one being a gift from my brother

LizardWizard likes this.
  7. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I think it looks like a fun list. It has a lot of Carnosaurs. Which can be a bit of a trap to use optimally. Overall the list should be good vs anything that isn't top tier. It isn't something I would take to a big tournament, but should be great for LGS or garage gaming.

WhoaJoe likes this.
  8. WhoaJoe
    Skink

WhoaJoe New Member

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    LizardWizard likes this.