1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS trog vs other carno friends

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by chefofwar, Aug 29, 2020.

1. chefofwar
    Chameleon Skink

chefofwar Well-Known Member

I only just saw the points reduction for the trog.

Have folks already crunched this adjustment? How do people think the new value compares to the other options for big, carno dinos?

I believe the previous trog consensus was too pricey for what it does? is the trog now a viable replacement for slann starseer to save those extra 50 pts?

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I like the Trogglodon. It was already playable, but not efficient. Now it is slightly more efficient. If the Trogg were a bit cheaper, like another 20 points, or it had the ability to generate command points on a 4+ then I could see it replace a standard Slann Starmaster for Skink list. At the moment, the model doesnt have too strong of play in competitive list.

Kroak list can make moderate usage of the Trog by making it the general. Giving the Trog Feather Cloak and the Nimble command trait can make for a decently durable unit to send forward and act an Arcane Vassal for Kroak.

Tombomb7 and chefofwar like this.
  3. chefofwar
    Chameleon Skink

chefofwar Well-Known Member

what do you think of a trog vs scar vet on carno in a fangs of sotek list? Is it weird I like the range attack option on the trog vs pure melee of a carno? given that they are the same points now.

LizardWizard likes this.