1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS TTS: Seraphon vs Tzeentch, Never Give You Up

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by NecridHydra, Feb 27, 2021.

1. NecridHydra
    Temple Guard

NecridHydra Well-Known Member

So, yesterday I played a game against a Tzeentch player and this is the BR (Pictures are in order, so pic named 1 is the first pic I made):

Battleplan: THREE PLACES OF POWER (Heroes are the ones who control objetives).
    Realm of Batlle: Ghyran.
    Terrains randomly genetared (pic 1)
    My opponent wins the first roll and is one drop. I finish after him and pic 2 is how we deployed our armies. He decides he goes first.

Turn 1 Tzeentch

Lord of Change move with Battalion ability to grab an objective (pic 3). Attempts to cast Tzeentch Firestorm and no 6 in his rolls. Then cast Infernal Gateway and is dispelled by my Slann. Following LoC, The Blue Scribes autocast Boon of Tzeentch, then I dispel with the Slann the Pink Horror’s spell.

Pic 4 to reference where he moved

In the Shooting phase, LoC deals two wounds to my Skinks and only three Flamers are on range to hit my Chief, doing one wound.

Turn 1 Seraphon

The Changeling moves to 5” my Chief (pic 5) and uses his ability to “”nerf”” him, making him -1 to hit and halving his movement (6” at full health).

I want to charge this turn, so I chose the Hunter’s Steed as asterism and Swift with my Battalion. I roll 3D6 to get Command Points and I only get one.

Comet Call deals wounds (sorry, I forgot to note this) to his Herald, Blue Scribes, Changeling, Lord of Change and 1W to one of his Flamers, ‘cause I rolled a 11 while casting and 5 on selecting how many units. Burning Head is castes successfully with my Slann but Starseer’s spell is dispelled by Changeling.

I spawn the Bound Burning Head on my Basti’s back (1.5” from each one) and move it less than 9” but still in radius for them to get the bonus.

On my Shooting phase, Pink Horrors are nearly annihilated by double shooting Bastiladons, despite having a -1 to hit. I dealt like 30 Wounds to them. He spawns his Blue and Yellow Horrors when needed.

At this point, my opponent thinks to retreat but after a long negotiation and convincing him that if I got double turn I’ve surely won and if he get the turn he may be able to win, he keeps playing.

Chief fails miserably the 4 Bows attacks (-2 to hit) against his LoC and his 5 javelins against the Changeling. My 16 Skinks deals only one Wound to the damn Changeling.

Movement and Shooting on pic 6

On the Charge phase, I use Starseer’s staff on Kroxigors, as they were 9” from the Pink Horrors, and charge with 6 Skinks to the Changeling. I didn’t use the staff on Chief because I did not wanted to have 3 unit in combat as my plan was killing the Horrors, Changeling attacks and Skinks strike back. If I had my Chief on combat, Horrors would have damaged my Kroxigors. Also, I could’ve claim an objective.

Well, on combat everything goes as planned, or almost. Kroxs deals 14W and Horrors 0. The second combat is null, no wounds. Horrors vanish to the Realm of Chaos, as I dealed 34W on a single turn.

My opponent wins the rolls and keeps playing

Turn 2 Tzeentch

He moves his Herald out of Kroxigor’s reach (pic 7) and cast Pink Fire of Tzeentch, dealing 5 Wounds to my Chief (6/12 right now). Attempts to cast some other spells and either he fails or get dispelled. Arcane Bolt hits my Chief (5/12) and The Changeling cast Mystic Shield.

Movement on pic 8.

On the Shooting phase, he finishes my Chief with one unit of his Flamers and Exalted Flamer. The second Flamer unit kills my Starseer, making me unable to get any point as my Slann is on a corner, and thus, finishing the game.

Attached Files:

LizardWizard and Carnikang like this.
  2. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

Very short game, but it looks like there was much jockeying to be had.

Well done though, if it hadn't been for the shooting of the Flamers, you might have been able to proceed.

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. NecridHydra
    Temple Guard

NecridHydra Well-Known Member

I don't think so. He was already in possession of two points and my last hero was my Slann on a Coalesced army. If I was on a point in turn 3 I would be lucky.

My fault was not charging with the Chief to get the point or killing the two units of Flamers. I didn't charge because I thought Horrors would deal much more damage.

One more Comet Call and and all his minor heroes would be dead.

LizardWizard and Carnikang like this.