1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Upcoming 1000pt 8th Edition tournament list...

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by anjnbn, Jul 2, 2010.

1. anjnbn
    Jungle Swarm

anjnbn New Member

This is my first 8th edition list and I'm just going off of the rumors on Warseer for now. The tournament isn't until the 25th so I have some time to fine tune things. Without further adue...

LORDS - 22.6%
    Old Blood - 226
    - shield, cold one, Burning Blade of Chotec, Pond Stone

HEROES - 19.7%
    Skink Priest - 90
    - Rod of the Storm
    Skink Chief - 107
    - terradon, javelins, light armor, shield, Venom of the Firefly Frog

CORE - 29.2%
    Saurus Warriors (16) - 222
    - full command
    Skink Skirmishers (10) - 70

SPECIAL - 28.5%
    Cold One Cavalry (5) - 185
    - musician
    Terradon Riders (3) - 100
    - champion

TOTAL - 1000

Notes: I've never used terradons before, but I'm playtesting this list with a friend today against his current contender for the tournament as well (1000pt dark elves with 4(!!!!!) assassins...). The general strat is to have the Old Blood carry the CoC through flanks, the priest to accompany the skirmishers to go warmachine/lone character hunting/bait and flees, and the chief to accompany the terradon riders with similar roles with the addition of some march blocking and more pestering. Not too sure what to do with the saurus block... probably just gonna slowly march them across the board towards the enemy haha. Maybe they can do some hammer and anvil stuff with the CoC. Any comments?

Thanks for reading!

2. anjnbn
    Jungle Swarm

anjnbn New Member

Revised list to add more saurus to the block...

LORDS - 22.6%
    Old Blood - 226
    - shield, cold one, Burning Blade of Chotec, Pond Stone

HEROES - 18.7%
    Skink Priest - 80
    - Plaque of Tepok
    Skink Chief - 107
    - terradon, javelins, light armor, shield, Venom of the Firefly Frog

CORE - 32.0%
    Saurus Warriors (20) - 250
    - full command
    Skink Skirmishers (10) - 70

SPECIAL - 26.5%
    Cold One Cavalry (5) - 175
    Terradon Riders (3) - 90

TOTAL - 998

3. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

I would fit a BSB in there, those are just going to be awesome in 8th. I would say drop the Oldblood and make your BSB a scar-vet in your warrior unit. If at all possible I would try to run max of 2 characters at 1000 points, because having more troops seems to be the key in 8th edtiion.

4. anjnbn
    Jungle Swarm

anjnbn New Member

Just got back from playtesting with my friend, and ended up tabling him! The list worked phenomenally, and the Old Blood killed two assassins by himself only losing one wound :p. Terradon riders killed both sorceresses and an assassin as well. Saurus block ended the game with no casualties and pushed two units of spearmen off the table.

Totally forgot about BSBs. Hm... which of the skinks would I keep if I got the scar-vet? Having both would push me over the 25% limit. I'd feel vulnerable without a wizard for magic defense, but the skink chief performed so well today!

Then again, with the BSB instead of the Old Blood, I don't feel like I'd have any monster defense. I know that my friend's VC army is going to have a varghulf and the dark elves will bring the hydra too.

5. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

Well, if you switch the Oldblood for a BSB you would have enough points left for another small unit of Skink Skirmishers (i think). If not then maybe drop a couple Saurus from the unit and then stick the BSB in that unit and it will make a very nice anvil to work with your Cold Ones. The Hydra wold go down a lot quicker against twice as many poisoned blowdarts ;)

Now, in such a small battle were your Terradons worth the points?

6. anjnbn
    Jungle Swarm

anjnbn New Member

Gotcha gotcha. Hmm, but then the skink priest would end up becoming the general, and his leadership is less than awesome :/. Do you guys think that the BSB would really be worth it such small points games? I don't know all of the BSB shenanigans so I might just be missing something.

The terradons were definitely worth it in the game that I played, but that was mostly in part to my opponent's list having a bunch of lone characters doing their thing... prime targets for poisoned javelins! I'm doubting they'd be as effective against most other lists. I'm thinking of scrapping them and trying to fit in two salamanders instead, since the skirmishers' new march-and-shoot rule make the sallies seem really, really good.