1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Ward Saves...

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Professor_Skink, May 6, 2014.

1. Professor_Skink
    Skink

Professor_Skink New Member

So I was playing Skaven and my opponent had a plague priest on a furnace with the talisman of preservation. I know I can shoot directly at the furnace with shooting, but he said that the furnace gets the 4+ ward as well. So my questions:

Do heroes transfer their ward saves from items to their mounts? For example would plague priests give their furnace the talisman ward? ( that would mean carnosaurs can get 4+ ward which doesn't seem right...)

Also, how does randomizing work with the screaming bell? Would a fiery convocation attack hit the bell and the grey seer or just the bell?

Thanks for the help

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Not sure... It might be a case by case basis depending on the wording of the ward save item.

3. hdctambien
    Terradon

hdctambien Active Member

The wording of that talisman is:

"The Talisman of Preservation grants the bearer a 4+ ward save"

Normally, that save will not transfer to a mount (sorry, Carnosaur). However, Skaven play pretty fast and loose with the rules, so I can't say for sure if there is any special/strange wording in the Skaven book that changes that rule.

4. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

I think the player was confusing the plague furnace with the screaming bell. The SB does grant a 4+ WS to both itself and its rider. However, this does not apply to the PF. A lot of the confusion lies in the rules for the PF which constantly reference the SB in terms of placement and movement. Also, the general FAQ provides the following guidance:

Q: Does a ridden monster benefit from any ward save that its
    rider possesses or vice versa? (p105)
    A: No.

The exception, of course, is the SB since it specifically states that it grants a 4+ WS to itself and the rider but as the PF doesn't have this wording, it doesn't apply.

5. Professor_Skink
    Skink

Professor_Skink New Member

Thanks for the rules help, thought it was a buggy thing but needed clarification